Twenty

YiSeul

I sat down on the bus without Lee WonHo for the first time in forever, my head leaning against the window, my mind thinking of nothing but Yoo Kihyun. The two had a past with each other and I don't think that it was a good one judging from the stare that Lee WonHo gave him.

"I never saw you as a friend or is it I was the only one that thought of you as a friend." What exactly happened in middle school that they have become like this?

If I could remember correctly, YeongAe ahjumma left for the states a few months after the tragedy that caused the loss of my parents, she went there because there was a guy who was willing to marry her but they would have to stay in the states. Yoo Kihyun also went along with her but she came back alone, her husband was dead due to some unknown reason but she didn't bring her son along. What is the reason that she came back alone?

If she were to get divorced, Yoo Kihyun would, of course, be with her because she is her son and her new husband's son. His surname isn't changed, he is still Yoo Kihyun and not some other surname.

I snapped out of my thinking as I looked outside, I had just arrived at my stop and the bus is going to leave soon. I immediately stood up from my seat. "Ahjusshi, stop here please!" I shouted at the top of my lungs so that he would hear it clearly and loudly.

The bus doors opened and I got out, thanking the bus driver at the same time. Why did I thank the bus driver? Lee WonHo thanks and apologizes to everyone and everything even when he is not the one at fault, he is just way too polite to people and is afraid that he might offend them. Did I just pick up that habit from him?

I shrugged my shoulders and turned around towards the direction where my apartment building is at. "Noona!"
I looked around and spotted my younger brother who is waving frantically in case that I missed him and continued walking home.

He ran to me and took my schoolbag from me, he slung it over his left shoulder and the right hand holding onto me. "Why are you there waiting for me?"

"WonHo hyung asked me to pick you up from the bus stop." He replied and we started walking. "He told me that he has something on and he can't go home with you. Is that right?"

I nodded, merely just enjoying my younger brother's presence as we slowly made our way back home. It had been a long time since we have ever walked home together, the last time was almost a few years back when our parents were still alive and kicking.

I used to pick up SeonHo from the bus stop all the time way back in elementary school as he has after-school sessions in school and my mother is worried that he might get into some trouble. As if he would get into any trouble, he was trained in karate back then.

But then, it is one of the memories that my younger brother and I have created and we are now recreating it once again. We made it at the doorstep and I heard some commotion coming from inside the apartment, I looked at my younger brother and he shrugged his shoulders.

SeonHo opened the door and there were two people arguing in the apartment, YeongAe ahjumma and another man who looks eerily similar to herself, her son whom I have seen today in class since a very long time ago.

They stopped arguing and looked up at the two of them, I took notice of the luggage beside Yoo Kihyun. Is he planning to stay here?

"May I know what the hell is happening here?" I asked with a lot of suspicion and distrust placed on Yoo Kihyun. Even though he is my cousin, it doesn't mean that I liked him as a person back then and now. "Care to explain, Yoo Kihyun?"

"You mean that is someone that we know? Our cousin, Kihyun hyung?" SeonHo exclaims, looking very calm at me knowing the man who is now in our house.

"Yes, he is your cousin and my son, Kihyun." YeongAe ahjumma answered my question on my behalf. "Sorry to hide from you guys for so long."

"I don't blame you but him." I got past SeonHo and walked closer to Yoo Kihyun. "Who gives you the permission to put your luggage in my house? Even though you are my cousin, you can't stay here, there is not enough space for all of us."

He looked at me and back at his mother, completely ignoring me. "Hey! How rude can you be to the owner that owns this--"

YeongAe ahjumma cuts me off by taking some money from her wallet and then shoving it in my palms. "You and SeonHo, go out to have dinner by yourselves for now. I will stay here and deal with my own son, buy my share as well. You can call WonHo ssi to have dinner too, I'm sure that he hadn't eaten as well."

"I..." SeonHo pulls me away from the two. "Let's just go as what YeongAe ahjumma instructed us to."

He got me out of the house before I could start to argue with YeongAe ahjumma, he closes the door and had me calm down. "Nothing much will happen. Kihyun hyung is her son, she will handle things the best way that she can and I'm sure that it wouldn't get in the way of us."

I allow the flame inside of me subside and I let out a long sigh. "I hate that idea but it is for the best, she did it the best way to prevent me from complicating things even more." I looked at the door next to mine. "Do you think that he is at home already?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Why don't you give him a call?"

I sighed and took out my phone, I dialled his number and placed the phone close to my ear. I looked towards the corridor and there he was, appearing from the elevator with a distraught facial expression on his face. Something must have gone wrong...

Not again...