Forty-six

Wonho

The school was a little miserable because of someone who is not here, I am a little worried for Yoo Yiseul who is currently sick and I am the one who is partially at fault for putting her in that kind of a situation that night and she fell sick because of that. I should've just told her that we will have that talk in my apartment instead of going to some park that is nearly 1km away from where we are staying at, she is so afraid that our neighbours might know about us having a talk outside our apartments in the middle of the night that she had to go through so far just for that.

At least she wouldn't have a chance of falling sick that way, and she will be in school today, rolling her eyes at me but I don't really mind. I am used to seeing Yoo Yiseul behaving that way towards me, it is a very normal thing but when she doesn't talk as much and she doesn't turn up for school, that is not Yoo Yiseul at all.

And I am the one in fault for making her cry and hate me, I had to protect her from Son Hyunwoo and it seems to be working quite well that I have pretended to quit being friends with Yoo Yiseul, he hasn't been mentioning anything about Yoo Yiseul and it is a good thing. At least he is not eyeing for her, I am glad that she is out of my life so that Son Hyunwoo wouldn't have a chance to hurt her when I am not around.

Son Hyunwoo even praised me for being so brave towards Yoo Yiseul after knowing that we are not friends anymore, as long as they don't meet each other, there isn't much of a problem for any of us. I came back home after another mini shopping trip with Son Hyunwoo and we didn't really buy anything but we had a full day just hanging out with each other, some of his people came to see him but there isn't much interaction with them, he had been trying to avoid hanging out with them ever since he started hanging out with me, he is not allowing me to know any of his secrets at all but I have a way of finding out and it would take some time.

But it doesn't matter, as long as he doesn't try to do anything bad to Yoo Yiseul, he is safe being my stepbrother and I don't mind being in the family register along with his family, he is a really nice guy but I can't be certain of what he might do to me if I found out about the bad things that he had done.

I boarded the lift and I got out of the lift, walking to my apartment when I saw someone rushing out of Yoo Yiseul's apartment, it was Yoo Kihyun carrying her on his back and he had quite a frantic facial expression on his face. Yoo Yiseul seems to be in great trouble and I don't know if I should go along with her, she doesn't look good at all and her face showed pain, she definitely had injured something.

I stopped them and Yoo Kihyun looked at me frantically. "Where are you guys doing?"

"Get lost, this is none of your business." He runs past me and I decided to follow him even though I clearly have no idea what happened to Yoo Yiseul but I can tell that she isn't in good shape. He tells me to get away the next few times but I just ignored him and I called for a taxi, we got into the taxi and it drove off to the nearest hospital.

The doctors immediately tended to Yoo Yiseul as soon as we arrived at the hospital and Yoo Kihyun pulled me aside. "What the hell are you even doing? I told you that it is none of your business but you ignored me and came all the way, get lost before I get angry at you."

"What happened to Yiseul? Is she in critical condition? She seemed to be badly injured as well." I grabbed his collar. "What did you do to her?"

He yanked my hands off. "I thought that you wanted nothing to do with her, why are you worrying so much about Yiseul now? Do you have feelings for her or what?"

I coughed, I can't believe that he caught me off guard just like that. "Then what about you? You didn't even like her from the start, I have never seen you guys get so close to the point that you are even carrying her on your back."

"I care for her like a cousin, that is what cousins do when one cousin is in trouble and since I live with her, I would be the one who helps her when she needs my help." He crosses his arms. "What about you then? You broke her heart and now you are coming back for her, don't ever tell me that you only see her as a friend because I don't see that at all."

"I am still her friend, I just pretended to--" I immediately shut my mouth up before I would blurt out everything to her, I don't want him to know about my plan so that he can go tell Yoo Yiseul about it. "Forget about that, just tell me what the hell happened to Yoo Yiseul."

"I am not telling you about that, you can leave right now if you have nothing better to do, the exit is that way." He leaned against the wall. "I am going to wait for Yoo Yiseul just like how a great cousin would do because I am her cousin."

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness, I want to stay behind and leave right away after making sure that nothing bad happened to Yoo Yiseul, I can't let my guard down knowing that she just had been admitted to the hospital and I don't have an idea why she is in there for. She was grabbing her shoulder the whole time but I couldn't really tell because she collapsed right after we got out of the lift, Yoo Kihyun didn't say anything about her condition at all and he was keeping quiet the whole time.

I got out of the hospital and two men grabbed me by the shoulders and they carried me all the way to the back alley near the hospital, there was another man who was waiting for me and he turned around to face us. "I didn't expect to see you here, my dear stepbrother. You here to visit someone important, like your girlfriend?"