Sixty-two

A year later...

Wonho

My alarm clock rang and I reached my hands over to find my phone but it is nowhere to be found, it is still ringing and I can't locate the exact location. I opened my eyes and I saw Yoo Yiseul holding the phone in her hand and she is just looking at me, moving it closer to my ears and blasting it at full volume. "Yoo Yiseul!"  I yelled, sitting up in bed and she laughs at me. "You are making me deaf!"

"That's my entire plan, and you are awake now which means that my plan is successful." She crossed her arms at me. "Go and shower now, you have 5 minutes to do everything that you need to do to get ready."

I looked at the time on my digital clock. "But it is just 7 am and I have more than enough time to get ready, I only need to get out of the house at 8:30," I told her.

"So? You asked me to be your alarm clock and I am clearly doing my job well, go and have a shower and meet me downstairs in 5 minutes and you only have 4 minutes because you wasted the last minute doing nothing but sitting down in your bed." She said to me.

"Yoo Yiseul!" I yelled at her again.

"Faster, you are going to get nothing to eat at this rate." I let out a sigh and I got out of bed, walking to the bathroom. "Are you going to be here the whole time?" She nodded her head. "Don't ever regret it."

I took off my clothes and that was enough to make her cover her eyes. "Try to stay in this room all your want, I am going to chase you out of the room," I said to her, standing in my underwear. "I am going to take these off as well."

She let out a very annoyed groan. "Fine, I will be outside then." She went out of the room, still with her hands covering her face and I finished showering in 4 minutes just like what she wanted me to.

I should've asked someone else to wake me up for this important day, someone who is not Yoo Yiseul. I thought that she would be the best person to wake me up because she is a kindergarten teacher and she lives with me but it doesn't seem to be the case, Yoo Kihyun would be better because he is a chef in his restaurant and he is my best friend.

No, that is such a bad choice... The two of them are cousins and they are the same, Yoo Yiseul would at least excuse herself and go out of the room while Yoo Kihyun would be standing right there and watching me strip down to my birthday suit and he would even take a picture of it and use that to blackmail me in the future.

I got out of the shower and wore the clothes that she picked out for me, it is something that I have never expected to wear and yet I am wearing it. I looked at myself in the mirror and I tightened my tie around my neck and making sure that it looks neat enough, I am wearing a suit which I told myself that I would only wear that on formal occasions and I am going to wear this every single day of my career and till the end of my career.

Today is the day where I would officially take the place of my father who is the current CEO of his own company and he would announce his retirement to the world, I wasn't supposed to be the CEO but I had no choice. I am the only son left and no one else can take that position, and Son Hyunwoo gifted it to me by himself.

I had to owe it to Yoo Yiseul for letting me know about it and I was able to prepare myself for the day that my brother would leave this world, my brother told Yoo Yiseul because he knew that she would help him keep the secret that he was ill and I will know about it on the day that he passes. But Yiseul refused to help him, she said that it is a very horrible thing for him to do to his family and especially me, where Son Hyunwoo and I shared a special bond.

We weren't brothers from the start, fate allowed us to be brothers but only for a short time because good things never last long and I was never able to have happiness for a long time. He died 3 months later while sleeping peacefully, he told me that he never wanted to admit himself to the hospital for the final months of his life, he wanted to be at home and I was there for him when I decided to move in with him and spent the rest of his life with him, doing everything that I wanted to do with him as his brother.

He wasn't the best person in the world but he still had a kind heart right till the end and he was a great brother to me, the only thing bad about him is that he left this world a little too early and he wasn't able to witness me getting married and having a family.

I made my way downstairs and Yoo Yiseul finished making toast and she placed it on a plate. "For you." She said.

"Thank you," I said back to her and I looked at her attire. "You are going to wear that for the ceremony later?"

She is wearing a dress that revealed all of her tattoos and that dress is a little too inappropriate for the event. "I have to look pretty to be able to stand next to you as your wife, the media is going to be shocked that you have such a beautiful woman as your wife."

"Wear a suit like me, you will look intimidating and everyone will do a double-take on you as they have never seen the CEO's wife looking like that." And I married Yoo Yiseul, the gangster that I was too scared to befriend way back in high school and now I am spending the rest of my life with her, being her friend and her life partner and we will be like that even when we grow old together.

The end.