Six

WonHo

I rolled my eyes once again as I made my way to the teacher's office again after he knocked on my desk during his class, telling me to see him. What's with him calling me to his office all the time?

And it is always about that Yoo YiSeul that I still don't know how she looked like. Why is the teacher so concerned about Yoo YiSeul? It is not like she is famous for the right things.

People told me that it is because she got pregnant at a young age which prevented her from coming to school and thus becoming a gangster. I don't believe them of course but it is inevitable that she wasn't someone good and kindhearted.

I knocked on the door and entered the teacher's office and he was there looking all serious and is even wearing a tie which he doesn't wear usually. He is the laziest teacher that I have ever known by far and it surprised me that he is doing all this.

"Saem? Why did you call me for?"

"Follow me to the hospital and you would know why." He simply said and I couldn't find a way to argue back. "I have already canceled your afternoon classes for this."

Maybe he has a disease? That's no way, he doesn't look like he needs medical attention every now and then.

Then is it my-- "May I know which ward is Patient Yoo YiSeul in?"

Yoo YiSeul, my neighbor, and seatmate is in the hospital. And he dragged me along to visit her in the hospital. He opened the door of the ward of Yoo YiSeul and there was a person curled up in bed with the blankets covering the entire body. No one else was there except for a vase of flowers and a tray of half-finished food. She was halfway eating her dinner.

"YiSeul? Yoo YiSeul?" Kang Saem called her and she got up, revealing herself and her injuries. She has a cast on her elbow, a cast on her right leg and her head are bandaged. Her face is filled with bruises and cuts but I could recognize her.

She was the same one that I saved from the dark alley, the same person who was badly injured and were beaten up by people. She was also the one that paid for her groceries. She was Yoo YiSeul.

"Kang Saem? Why are you here? And who are you to come here?" She asked, her voice still as bored and calm as before.

"Your brother contacted me that you got into some trouble and you ended up here. Luckily there was some stranger that brought you here in the nick of time. If he didn't, you would be dead by now." Kang Saem explained and she doesn't seem like she wanted to listen to him.

"Even if there isn't the stranger, I would have still survived." She said pouring herself a drink and sipping it. "I'm strong and capable and I know it."

My fists clenched. I was furious, almost screaming because I was that angry. "Who says that you are strong? If not for me, you wouldn't be here."

She finally looked at me when I said that and I gulp down my saliva. She is scary... "Who are you again?" She repeated, looking as if she wanted to cut me in the half.

Kang Saem placed an arm on my shoulder, perhaps to calm myself down. "He is your new classmate and seatmate and neighbor, he just moved in next to you a week ago, Lee WonHo." He introduced me to her who is playing games on her phone.

When would she ever want to pay attention to any of us? "So you're that idiot that gave me homework the other time?"

Her use of language is really... Where are her parents? "I did and I'm not an idiot," I said firmly.

"Whatever, you are an idiot because you accepted his offer. No one would want to do that because they don't want to be an idiot and you are that idiot."

"YiSeul, can you not curse for one moment? You are a girl for goodness sake." Kang Saem told her and she showed him that bored facial expression. "You should thank him as he is the one that saved you."

She looked up at me and mumbled something inaudible under her breath.

"Did you thank him?" Kang Saem asked her.

"I did. Earlier." She mumbled her thanks to me. "You heard that right?"

Totally didn't hear a single thing. "Of course, I have excellent hearing so I heard it."

"Now get out, I want to sleep." She draped the blanket over her body and she lied down.

"Not until I say one thing."

She cursed under her breath. "Aishh... So troublesome..."

I still stood there not saying a thing as I am not that type of person who expresses their feelings very well unlike Yoo YiSeul who curses every now and then. "Go back to school."

"That is the one thing that I don't want to hear from your mouth." She said in a low voice. "I should've transferred schools."

"But you can't. You don't have the money and your parents are long gone, plus you have a brother who is still in middle school and is planning to pursue a medical scholarship."

Maybe that's the reason why she chose not to attend school. She had to take care of her brother, her only family. She is like me who lacked love. "Can you not just talk about my life when there is a stranger with us?"

"He is your classmate."

"Still." She said and kept her gaze on Kang Saem. "Say what you have to say and leave."

"Like what I said, go back to school and you will be going with him. That's the reason why I told him to be here." Now I am the one that wants the teacher to get out.

"I'm leaving..." I said getting out of the room and Kang Saem came after me.

"Lee WonHo, where do you think that you are going?"

"Home, of course. I don't want to stay here with a lunatic and a gangster."

"You can't. Your mother had especially told me to take care of you since you live alone." He said.

"Tell that woman that I would live well without her help," I said leaving and I could hear Yoo YiSeul scoff. How can she ask someone to do the job when she can't even do the job well herself?