Forty

Yiseul

I kicked the pebbles that were on my feet, it is annoyingly enough that these pebbles exist and they are there for no reason other than for aesthetic purposes. It is as annoying as the person that I am getting mad at right now, I can't believe that Lee Wonho can just pretend to not even see me when I am in school.

He is totally ghosting me and pretending that I don't exist when I was there for him from a long time ago when I knew that he was my neighbour and I depended on him to get me from place to place. He was there for me when I was struggling and now he can just pretend that all of that didn't happen at all?

I knew that he had a huge secret that he didn't want to tell me and I listened to him because it is rude to invade his privacy without asking but it is really a little too much for him to be keeping such a huge secret like that, that Son Hyunwoo is the new step-brother that he didn't want to meet back then.

I would've never expected that because it is totally unlikely to happen and things like that only happen in movies and K-dramas, what are the odds of having the person that you feared the most to be someone's step-brother? That is something that you don't hear on a daily basis and it is not like it is a good thing to be proud of.

Didn't he know that I fear Son Hyunwoo a lot because of what happened at that time? I nearly died because of him, I underestimated his ability to get rid of me because he didn't seem to be the type who will actually fight anyone, he has the muscles and I thought that he wouldn't do something to a female.

But he did, after waiting for his men of 10 people to deal with me and I fought them but I didn't expect them to be so skilled since I hadn't met anyone who can be on the same level as me. And so, I got beaten up really badly and I wanted to get out of that nightclub as soon as possible but Son Hyunwoo stopped me from doing that and ordered his men to pin me against the wall and proceeded to use his best moves on me.

And I lost to him, just like that without me even trying to dodge his attacks. I didn't expect someone whose image is being the obedient school president who is very good in his studies and he has a very good relationship with everyone in school including the principal to be someone like that, who runs a nightclub and has his own gang of men who does illegal things as well, he sure hid his secret life really well and I was completely caught off guard by that.

And Lee Wonho was the one who saved me that night and sent me to the hospital, I thought that he was my guardian angel who knew that he needed to take care of me and hopefully change me into someone even better than before, he was that student that you don't really notice because of how quiet and reserved he is and I like that about him. But how can he change so much in just a few days?

Does he not realize that Son Hyunwoo is that very person that landed me in the hospital? It is as if he had his memories completely wiped out and he doesn't remember anything else, maybe that's why he doesn't remember me, the person who cares for him the most when his own mother doesn't care about him that much. But it just doesn't make sense that he would behave like this a few days after he met Son Hyunwoo as his new half-brother and they are suddenly so close to each other.

"I didn't know that you would be loitering here all day, I thought that I was seeing things." I heard a familiar voice and I looked up, I totally regretted doing that and so I looked down on the floor again, focusing on my shoes and the pebbles around me. "Hey, wanna have a talk with me, your cousin? Or I can just listen to your problems."

"Go away, Yoo Kihyun. Don't care too much about me, YeongAe Gomo is not here and you don't need to act your role as the caring cousin that you have never been." I told him. "I am fine right now and you can go away now, go somewhere else and do your homework since that is what you loved the most."

"I am not going anywhere else today, I have nothing much to do and I had time to spare before dinner." He sat down next to me. "I saw you leaving the classroom this morning and you didn't return for the rest of the day, what exactly happened?"

I stared at him. "Don't pretend to be caring at me, it is disgusting and I don't want that from you. Whatever that happened to me is none of your business and I don't want you to poke your nose there."

"Come on, we are cousins. We are supposed to be close to each other and tell each other secrets, things that we can't tell other people."

"And I don't have anything much to say to you, I don't want to tell you everything about my life." I got up and I immediately felt dizzy, it must be because I was sitting for way too long and standing up too quickly made me feel dizzy.

He grabbed my arms and stabilised me. "Are you okay? Have you eaten anything for the entire day?"

I wanted to say no but it is the truth, I really haven't been eating anything ever since I left school in the morning. I didn't have the appetite to have anything either as my mind was preoccupied with Lee Wonho and I can't think of anything else, I was so upset at him that I forgot that I needed to function as a regular human being as well. "Do you want for lunch? If not, I can whip up a meal and you will have your lunch at home."

"Tteokbokki, with more spice and cheese." I unknowingly said it and then regretted it as soon as I came back to my senses.