Nineteen

WonHo

I laid down on the bed of the nurse's office, with the curtains drawn in, covering the entire area of the bed and separating it from the other beds in the room. The nurse on duty has told me to rest in the room for the time being for this period, she said that I have been stressing myself way too much and told me to take things easy since the exams are coming up. But it is not because of stress...

Someone that I have never expected to appear in front of me has come back from America, the place where he had migrated to for the past 5 years. He told me that he will not be returning back to South Korea and there he was, showing his face whenever he wanted.

Yoo Kihyun, he told me that his mother had gotten remarried a few years back in middle school and his stepfather had wanted to move to the states for a better future. And then he migrated overseas on that very day and I didn't have a chance to ask him why he has to leave the country so urgently, he never showed his face after that day and left me alone with no friends.

I hear the knock on the door and two people entered the room judging by their unsynchronized footsteps, a guy and a girl. "May I know where is Lee WonHo?"

Has the class ended already? Man, that was fast... I instinctively turned to the other side and closed my eyes, pretending that I am not around but I know that the nurse wouldn't help me at all, as she is just doing her damn job. "In that bed with the curtains drawn." She replied. "Who are you?"

"His freaking classmate." She answered the nurse. "You don't trust me?" Of course, the nurse doesn't trust you, she thinks that you are going to beat me up...

"Don't be so rude to the nurse, she is just doing her job." Lee MinHyuk told Yoo YiSeul.

Footsteps began walking towards my bed and the curtains were opened, a female with her leg in a cast while chewing on gum. "Are you alright?" She asked and Lee MinHyuk comes behind her. "You looked like you are going to die."

I rolled her eyes. When does she not insult me in every sentence? "I'm totally fine, I'm just not feeling that well to be in class."

"Because of the alcohol? I told you not to drink so much that night and you still did." She commented. "Kids shouldn't learn how to drink when they can't drink yet."

"Please, I am the same age as you and I have reached drinking age." I turned my attention towards her, tired of staring at her face. "Has class ended?"

He nodded. "Since a while ago and she dragged me out of class as soon as it ended, she wanted to know how you are doing. She is really concerned about your well-being."

I feel like my cheeks are heating up. Yoo YiSeul cares about me? Does she care for people? That's totally impossible since I am just her classmate and she doesn't give a damn about me, she is just worried that no one would write her notes for her.

She smacks Lee MinHyuk on the head. "What the hell are you talking about? I don't care about his well-being, I'm just curious why you suddenly turned so pale and had to go to the nurse's office in the middle of class. And while you were gone, I even had to write my own notes."

"That's still the same thing, you have feelings for him, I'm very certain about that."

Her cheeks were red. "I'm going to kick you out of the window if you continue to do that, I'm not kidding." She looked at me. "Are you able to go back to class?"

I nodded and I got up, thanking the nurse on my way out. Lee MinHyuk did the same while Yoo YiSeul, she said nothing and limped her way out on crutches. When is she not kind for a moment?

We got back to class and the subject teacher looked at the three of us, asking if I'm alright and scolds the two of them for coming along. I was so worried about Yoo YiSeul snapping at her like she always did, talking back to the teachers but she did the opposite today, she just bowed and said nothing. Is that a change that I'm seeing in her?

Yoo Kihyun is still sitting in his seat, looking at his textbook with utmost seriousness. I feel tense up again as I walked closer to him and sat down in my seat behind him, trying not to react to his actions as he turns around to face me.

"How are you feeling already? Did the nurse give you any medicine?" He asks the same way that he asked in middle school when I used to go to the nurse's office for my consistent nosebleeds.

"Thanks for your concern, I'm way stronger than you think," I replied back to him, eyes staring at the blackboard instead of looking at him. I can't bring myself to look at him straight in the eyes, I'm not ready for that yet...

"Is that so? I remember you being so weak when you were back in middle school, you had to visit the nurse's office so much that it became your hangout place with me."

That comment made the other two turn their attention to me like I am a celebrity and they are my fans. "You guys know each other?" Lee MinHyuk asked, his eyes twice the normal size. "In middle school?"

Yoo Kihyun laughed. "Yes, we were the best of friends back then." He told the two of them. "We used to do everything together, we were literally inseparable. People used to call us as twins."

"That's wrong, Yoo Kihyun ssi. We were never friends back then." I replied to him. "I never saw you as a friend or is it I was the only one that thought of you as a friend."

That was the day where you left me without any explanation, giving me no idea when you will ever return back to be friends with me.