Forty-one

Yiseul

I looked towards the front door of my apartment as someone is at the door, ringing the doorbell for my attention and I looked back towards Yoo Kihyun who is making his way towards the door. It was a delivery man from the Korean food place that I frequently ordered in from and he handed Yoo Kihyun a few bowls of food and he thanked the delivery man before closing the door with much difficulty.

He places the food on the coffee table and he smiles at me, looking at me with much satisfaction but I clearly am not in the mood to even smile back at him. "I thought that you were going to whip up a meal for me, what is the delivery food?"

"I was going to until I saw the food in the fridge when we came back home earlier and I decided that it is better for me to order in food because you were really starving and I don't want you to starve any longer." He explained himself. "And plus, it is so delicious and I have bought food for myself as well so that you won't feel lonely eating alone."

I really wanted to argue with him but my stomach is literally calling for help and I can't ignore it any longer, I could only talk until I have eaten to my heart's content. Before then, I don't care about anything else and Yoo Kihyun, I am always being annoyed at him and today is not an exception.

But he did something that made me feel different about him today, he isn't his usual self today and I don't know how he decided to treat me a little differently today. Maybe he knew everything that happened in class today, but he isn't there when Lee Wonho entered the classroom with Son Hyunwoo, I have no idea where he is and I don't give a care about where he is at that point of time.

I have no idea what Yoo Kihyun is thinking sometimes, he may be my cousin but we aren't the closest pair of cousins that anyone would know and I have no intention of getting closer to him ever. We are too different from each other from personalities to mindset, I can't get along with him at all even when we were kids.

We are both equally smart and good in our studies but I can't even guess what he is thinking in his mind and what he wants to do at any point of time, he is just too mysterious and keeps everything to himself while being annoying at the same time. That is the kind of person that he is and I can't ever get used to it even till now, I have no idea how Yeongae Gomo even has such a kid in her life and allowed that kid to roam around in her life.

I stared at him trying to open the plastic wrap around the door. "Are you seriously trying to eat with me now?"

And he nodded his head. "Why can't I? I am feeling a little hungry and there is a lot of food for the two of us, and you are eating alone and so it is only right for me to eat along with you so that you will not feel lonely."

"And why do you have to do that? You don't care about me at all and all you care about is about yourself and your grades, you will do whatever to maintain your grades and you will not want anyone to be better than you." I said to him. "And other than your own grades, you literally don't give a damn about anyone and you only know how to make people get annoyed at you all the time. And you are not even that close to me and you know that I don't like you at all, why do you think that you can sit here with me and eat your noodles with me?"

He put a finger to his lips and shushed me off. "For now, don't say anything and focus on getting your stomach filled. Until you are full, don't say anything to me, that will only make you feel worse than before." He sat down on the couch, squeezing me a little with his small but sturdy body. "Could you sit a little to the side? I need to sit down and eat as well so that it would be better for me to digest all the food that I am eating now."

And so, he made me not want to say anything more to him and the next 15 minutes of my life is just focused on eating and eating, nothing ever crossed my mind other than the fact that I need to eat until I am full and I can come back to my senses and beat the hell out of You Kihyun. I can't believe that I am actually obeying whatever that he had said to me, I have listened to his every word and I hate that I am actually listening to him when I don't even want to listen to him at all.

I put the last mouthful of tteokbokki in my mouth and that concluded my lunch, I got up from the couch and he stopped me, his hand pulling me down to the couch and I sat back down on the couch by force. How does he even have the strength to even pull me down like that when he doesn't even work out at all?

"Yoo Kihyun, let go of me now. I have eaten my food like what you told me to and I am done with my meal, so I am going back to my room right now."

"Not until you tell me everything that happened today in class, I am not allowing you to do that." He reached for a piece of pickled radish with his chopsticks. "And you are going to tell me about it, word for word and I am going to listen to you."

"What if I don't want to tell you anything at all?" I asked him, there is nothing wrong to refuse something that you are forced into.

"You have to, if not you will keep feeling sad like this and I don't want you to feel sad today." He munched on the pickled radish while staring right at me and it is making my heart do something weird as well, it is making my heart beat for someone other than Lee Wonho.