Twenty-Five

Wonho

Never in the world that I would imagine that the two of them would be cousins, I knew that they have the same family name and Yoo is an uncommon family name but never have I thought that they would be related to each other. Both of them had very drastic personality, Yoo Kihyun is one who is always bubbly and rarely shows his true feelings while Yoo Yiseul is the type to show her emotions in any situation and would not hesitate to beat up the person that she hated.

"Are you hoping that you would somehow get the drinks out of the fridge just by staring at it?" Her voice broke my train of thoughts.

"Huh?" I looked at her not knowing what she had meant.

"You have been staring into space for quite a while and I'm worried for you honestly." She signalled me to get away and she opened the fridge, getting all the drinks that she wanted and placed it in the basket that she brought along with her. "Help me carry them."

She filled the entire basket with all the can drink and I could barely carry it with one hand. "Wait here, I go take another basket." How many is she going to buy exactly? My fridge is not that big to fill up all the drinks that we have here, there is still the meat and the vegetables.

I came back and she was struggling to carry those cans that she took out, I helped take some and placed in the empty basket. "Are you going to make me bankrupt? How many are you even going to buy?"

"As much as I want, I'm going to be part of your living space and so I need to have a lot of drinks in my fridge."

I scoffed. Since when does she even live with me? "You have an apartment yourself and you have a fridge as well, you don't need to stock up your drinks at my fridge."

"But there is a Yoo Kihyun in my house and I hate him." She confessed and I was stunned. I have known that she stayed over at her grandparents' place where Yoo Kihyun lived at and she spent a whole month there before, she was not close to him at all but her younger brother, Seonho used to be close to him before he left for the states. "Would you want Yoo Kihyun to be your roommate without your permission? No, right?"

We went to the counter to pay and I was the one who paid for it, she told me that she didn't bring any money with her. It was clear that she wanted me to pay for the drinks in the first place, she is an evil witch at things like this.

"In the end, you still wanted me to go bankrupt. My allowance isn't that much as you thought, my bank account will run out of money." I glared at her. "I'm not your piggy bank just to let you know, Yiseul."

She let out a huge sigh. "You're such an annoying bastard, it is just a few cans of drinks and I am not telling you to pay for my stuff all the time. I'll pay you back if you insist."

"Don't need, just take it as a treat from me. I'm afraid that you might smack me on the head if I want you to pay me back the exact amount, besides it is only a few cans of drinks."

"That's much better!" I noticed that she was struggling to carry her bag and I took it from her without any hesitation. What if she gets injured again? "I can carry that myself."

"I don't want you to remain injured for the rest of the school year, it is troublesome for me to accompany you to school all the time," I told her. "Plus, you are capable of going to school alone."

We walked past a few people on the street, they looked rather tough and had a few tattoos lining up their shoulders and their calves, it was evident that they are not just any original civilians, they are hooligans who love to beat people up at random.

I felt someone tugging on my sleeves and Yoo Yiseul was hiding behind me, it was strange of her to do that in the presence of other people and she was never the type to be afraid of anyone, she even dared to talk back to the discipline master, why would she be afraid of a few hooligans?

I accidentally made eye contact with one of them while looking up and I pretended not to see anything so that I will be let off. "What's your problem? Wanna fight?"

No thanks... Even though I have the perfect physique to fight someone, I will not risk my punches for someone like him. I ignored him and he didn't do anything much to me, they wouldn't do much, they would only use their loud and boisterous voice to enhance their status and think that the people would be intimidated by them just like that.

But Yoo Yiseul is definitely afraid of them, she is still clinging onto me tightly, burying her head behind her back so they wouldn't see her. Did they have an encounter with her before?

"They are gone already and I doubt that they will turn their backs around just to see you," I told her and she released the grip on my sleeve. "Have you met them before?"

She let out a fake laugh. "Why would I? I swear that I have never seen them before."

She's lying... "Then why did you seem so afraid to see them?"

"There is nothing at all, I swear. We better get home soon, I want to lay down on the couch and enjoy my iced cold drink." She went ahead of me and I tilted my head to the side slightly, there is no mistaking that she just tried to lie to me that nothing happened between her and the bunch of people earlier.

But I can't force her to tell me either, she wouldn't want to tell me something that she is not comfortable of telling me so soon, I will give her time to tell me about that. She is my friend now and I would wait for her to be mentally ready to tell me about the rest of her past. We have all the time since we are friends, my only friend that I am comfortable entrusting my boring life to.