Fifteen

Wonho

She drags me all the way to the door of her apartment and calls for someone to open the door while she left me sitting down on the floor, drunk and high from the alcohol. I drank a total of 3 bottles of Soju and I totally regretted it, I shouldn't have drunk this much of Soju if I had known that my alcohol tolerance is that low.

"Yah, SeonHo! Open the door!" She called for someone who is obviously a male because of its name and then I remembered that it was her 15-year-old younger brother who looks way too tall for middle school. How can someone grow that much and he is just 15?

I heard the door open and I was too drunk to even concentrate on anything, the alcohol is making me so tired and I feel like sleeping. Is this what alcohol does to you? If it makes me sleep well, I would use this to cure my insomnia.

I felt an arm grabbing my arm and pulling me up, I just allowed him to do anything I wanted as I felt that the whole world is starting to blackout and it slowly faded to darkness and I could hear nothing.

The next time that I could hear sounds again, I was in the living room with a blanket covering my body and there was a lot of commotion. I would instantly feel a headache in my head raising rapidly with each second that I have regained consciousness from my drunk sleep and I mentally cursed, telling me that I would never hold a Soju bottle in my hand ever again.

I looked around at my surroundings and I could hear three people talking, two females and a male. It was Yoo YiSeul, her younger brother and the rich aunt that had suddenly appeared in their lives and had transformed their lives by a complete 180 degrees. I wasn't wrong, I was dragged back to her apartment. According to my messed-up memory, I could only remember some key points about what happened yesterday.

I remembered that I stormed into a convenience store right away after getting out of the restaurant and walking straight to the aisle that sells alcoholic drinks, I grabbed three of the Soju bottles right at the front and I went to the counter to purchase it ignoring the fact that I have not consumed any alcoholic beverages at all and I don't know how many bottles I can actually drink.

It was a good thing that I turned legal so that I could buy them without getting stares from the cashier who might think that I am a minor, if I had bought them before my birthday, I wouldn't be able to buy them at all. I took those 3 bottles and drank two of it at the tables outside the convenience store and the last bottle during my way back to my apartment and to continue drinking until I had totally lost my consciousness.

I sat down at the stairway landing as I couldn't walk anymore and it was at the same floor as where my apartment is at and continued to gulp the Soju which seriously burned my throat but I didn't care much. All I know is that I have been treated very unfairly and that woman didn't even consider me to be her son.

All she does is to transfer me to school to school as and when she wants, depriving me of my social life. I would've had some friends if she wasn't this rushed to transfer me to another school. The longest that I have ever been in one school is only 6 months and the others are 3 months which is just one term.

I didn't mind since now I only have one more year left in high school and I will be able to make my own decisions when I enter college, that will be the time that I will get freedom at last. But it is clearly not the case, what happened yesterday night was my answer, I couldn't get out of her jail and I will remain imprisoned by my mother.

"You have to get out of this couch." Yoo YiSeul kicked the bottom of the couch which made me jump up in fright. "You would have to pay for last night in an exchange of me dragging you here."

I made some space for her to sit down. "Are you that desperate for money? We're neighbours."

"I thought that you didn't know that." She said and she looked at me. "Are you feeling better already?"

I nodded even though my head is pounding and it is as if my head is going to explode. "What time is it now?"

"10 am. SeonHo and Aunt YeongAe have already gone outside to buy some groceries." I looked around the house, we are the only ones left in the house. Since when did they even leave? It must be during when I was still trying to figure out where the heck I am.

"I better get back to my apartment." I stood up too quickly that I felt like passing out, a hand went to grab my arm but I was too heavy for her, I landed back on the couch and pulled that very hand close to me, which in turn pulled Yoo Yiseul close to me and she was in my embrace. 

Women, I don't have a very good experience with them. My mother was the best example of why I started to dislike the female species. They control you all the time, not giving you any chance to make your own decision. I don't even know that she is dating anyone until the dinner yesterday, that she is going to marry that guy in a few weeks and she is not even asking for my permission whether I would allow a guy to be my stepfather who is also her boss - no, she is informing me that a richer man is going to take care of her- and she is telling me that I should forget my father. 

No way will I forget the guy who told me to take care of my mother before he died... I got up and Yoo Yiseul was dumbfounded and didn't say a word but just watched me leave her apartment.