Seven

YiSeul

"I'm Yoo YeongAe, Yoo YiSeul's guardian from now on." I rolled her eyes sitting on the bed as she introduces herself to the doctor that was attending to me earlier before she made her way in without any warning.

I didn't expect her to arrive this soon and I barely have enough time to prepare myself for the arrival of a distant relative that lived in the states for a good 10 years before coming back again.

"I assure that you already know her condition quite enough, medical care is not the only thing that she needs right now. Please send more time with her once she gets discharged in order to prevent such a thing from happening. She's lucky that she didn't die this time but I can't guarantee that she might survive the next time and that someone sent her in before anything bad happens to her."

The middle-aged woman gently bowed to the doctor. "I will make sure that she will get better in my care."

She stays in the same position until the doctor is gone and she turned to face me, she has such soft features that she looked so much like my dead father but the female version of him.
"YiSeul, I suppose that you have heard from SeonHo that I will be here--"

"Can't you go back to America? We are living very well so don't worry." I cut her off and rolled her eyes. "We don't need any of your help. Thank you."

I don't care if she is an elder to me or not, she has a motive in coming here and I don't want her to be here. I don't need her care when we didn't even receive any care and love from any of the extended family for the past few years.

She didn't falter a little and kept her motherly smile on me. "Seeing you like this, you really needed some help. I heard that you skipped school very often and picked fights with other hooligans."

"Of course, I didn't even have enough money to raise myself and SeonHo. I heard that your husband is hella rich so why didn't he send any money over?"

"He doesn't know and I'm sure that I have sent you money monthly for the past 5 years. Haven't you checked your bank account at all?" I did but I didn't want to use, I'm afraid that she might use it on me if I did use a bit of it. Those kind looking family members in dramas are always the one who is the bad guys and she is definitely one of them.

"I'm independent and I'm afraid that you might ask me to return it 2 times over the amount in future but don't worry, I have not used it and plus, I threw the bankbook away a very long time ago."

She hands me a bankbook from her bag. "Here's a new one, use it properly."

How does she not be caught on guard? I was expecting her to be the type that scolds me for everything that I do and the fact that I insulted her the moment I opened my mouth but she is handling everything as if she was the one that planned rather than me.

"The PIN number is written on top so that you will never forget it and I'm sure that you wouldn't throw it again ever again as I have already banked in a 5,000,000 won before coming here."

5,000,000 won? How rich is she to casually put 5 million won in? "Your eyes are going to pop out if you continue to look shocked." She pointed it out and I cleared my throat. "When are you staying for?"

"Now, you are finally on the track." She exclaimed, finally taking her seat next to me. "I'm staying until the two of you starts working and have all graduated from school."

"How am I able to graduate when I have already dropped out of school?" I asked her a rhetorical question. There's no high school graduation certificate if I don't even attend school.

"Nonsense, how can you be out of school when your name is still on the name register? Your homeroom teacher has told me everything."

"Aishh..." I cursed. First, it is that guy, now it is Yoo YeongAe. Why is he always so nosy? Can't he just care about himself?

"No cursing when I'm here. I have to make it a habit for you to stop cursing so that your impression to people will look better."

"Seriously?" I asked her. Cursing is like in my blood, I can't curse.

"I'm serious. Go back to school once you're discharged." Why are all these people telling me to go back to school all the time? It is not like I will be dumb if I don't go to school, I'm born a genius.

"I won't." I gave her a firm reply.

"Then what are you going to do if you won't? Continue to be a gangster? You will die before your 21st birthday."

I sat up and reached for the wheelchair where she gave it to me willingly. Stupid leg, I can't even get to anywhere without the use of the wheelchair.

"I'm going to take a breather," I told her as she helped me to sit in the wheelchair and placed my legs on the board.

"Go on. Give me an answer when you come back. Schooling is best for your age, not being a gangster." She told me but I ignored her, wheeling myself out of my room and I went down to the garden where there is a lot of patients all doing their stuff. I wheeled myself near a bench where I played games on my phone, as usual, there is nothing that I can do when I am being hospitalized like this.

SeonHo is at school and will come after school which will be around 4 pm by then. Until then, I would have to face that witch for a good 4 hours before SeonHo comes to my rescue.

"Can I take a seat?" A voice said and I looked up at a girl who is around SeonHo's age, she is carrying around her sketchbook and had a pencil in her hand.

"Go on. It is not like I can even sit on that bench." I told her and she took a seat next to me.

"Thank you, unnie..." She thanked me but I ignored her, why would I be chummy with a stranger? I am not the social butterfly nor someone that likes to talk a lot.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked up, it was that girl from earlier. "What you want?"

"Can I sketch a portrait of you?" She asked with an eager facial expression, so innocent that I almost fell for it. What if she wants money from me?

"Does it cost any money?"

"For kindness, it doesn't cost one cent. Please, it is just one portrait and you are welcomed to take it back."

"I won't take it if it turns out ugly." I put my phone down, now focusing on the girl who offered to draw me a portrait.

"Unnie, why are you hospitalized?" She asked me.

"Me? I..." What excuse should I tell her? "I fell down."

"That must be such a bad accident." She replied. "When are you leaving?"

"Can't you just draw? I'm not as friendly as you think."

"You must be the tough unnie type, just like my sister. Are you a good student?"

"Is that even a question? What about you?"

"I am always at the top of my class until I got hospitalized a few months ago. I got cancer, you see and I only got a few months to live." She continued smiling as she told me her story and I just listened to her, putting my guard down slowly. She loved drawing and wanted to pursue that as a passion but she couldn't due to her illness. Her story made my story seem worthless, she didn't have a choice while I had.

She handed me the finished piece and walked off as it is time for her to take her medication, I looked at it and the sides of my lips went up, pleased that she drew such a good portrait of me but without all the bandages. She is indeed a good artist like what she described.

I went back to my ward and she was still there, calling someone on the phone and she quickly ended the call upon seeing her. I think that I know my answer now.