One

WonHo

I sighed as I watched the people behind the big wooden counter doing their own work, filling out documents and making calls from and to anywhere. I heard a sigh next to me. "They are sure taking a really long time to settle a school transfer procedure, how ineffective they sure are."

"Relax, it is not like the first time that we are undergoing this. It would be done soon." I recited. I can't believe that this is the 3rd time that we are doing this, can't it stop for once?

A female walked to the counter and placed a few pages of paper on the top. "Ms. Lee, just sign your signature at the bottom of the last page of the document and you are done." She told her and she signed the document.

She then brought out two sets of school uniforms and a name tag. "This is the school uniform and the name tag. Come here again on Monday to get your schedule for the whole year, you would also know your class by then."

"Got it." I bowed to her slightly before leaving with her. "Thanks." I took all the stuff.

We got into the car and I sat next to the car window looking out of it when she sat down next to me. "We will give you an apartment to stay in while you study." She said looking at the graph which showed the company's profits and losses. "I will send you the address via text so text me back when you received it. Mdm Oh would be there every Monday morning to clean up the apartment so greet her if you have the chance to see her."

She nudged me and I simply stared at her blankly. "Why aren't you replying me?"

"Omma, I got it already. So when would you be back?"

"Earliest by your birthday, your birthday is in May 2nd right?" She said to me.

"It's March 1st." I corrected her. She forgot my birthday again...

"Yeah March 1st, I will be back by then. Don't worry, I will call you every now and then to check up on you." She dropped me off at the building where my new apartment is, I changed schools so many times that I don't even know where I am actually from.

I looked at the address that she just sent me and made my way up to my apartment, I entered the passcode and went into the house. There was a bed at the corner of the bedroom and a workday at the side, same old same old. It is always the same.

I should've brought my laptop along if I knew that there will be nothing, I bet that the refrigerator is also empty.

I walked to the refrigerator and opened it, revealing a cold and empty refrigerator with only the cold air blowing against my face. I would have to go grocery shopping again. Typical rich parents are like...

--------

YiSeul

I walked into the grocery store with an empty shopping basket, walking through endless aisles of food and food. I picked up whatever I needed and walked to the next aisle and there were people blocking my way.

"Excuse me..." I said and they turned around, looking all shocked and immediately gave way to me. I slightly bowed to them and got the vegetables that I needed for dinner.

"Look at that girl, looking all tough. Be careful of your children, she might beat up all of them." I heard whispers all around and I just ignored it going to the cashier to pay for my items.

But what they said is true, I really beat up children of my age but only the ones that deserved to be beaten up. I don't hit people that have nothing to do with me.

"Do you even have money to pay for this?" The cashier asked beforehand, she is scared that I will walk away with all the items that I have in hand. I am not a serial shoplifter for goodness sake.

"Of course I do." I placed my basket on the table and the cashier scanned my items one by one.

"15,800 won please." She said and I sighed for money in my pocket but I couldn't feel anything. Where's the 50,000 won that I got yesterday? Where have I put it?

"Hurry up, you're making the people waiting for you." I looked behind, indeed there were people waiting behind me with an unimpressed expression.

"Please wait for a while, I swear that I have it in my pocket," I said continuing searching for that 50,000 won.

What did I use it for? Ah, SeonHo's monthly tuition fee, I used for that.

"Can you please let me pay later? I am short on money, I swear that I would return it to you later--"She slammed her hand on the table. "Then why did you say that you had money to pay? You're shoplifting right now, little brat."

"I'm not!"

"You are! Stop trying to deny!" She looked at the people behind me. "You guys saw that she lied to me right?"

"I don't know, maybe... She must have..."

"I didn't want to steal, I really didn't have money for it."

"Then good." She placed the phone at her ear. "Finally you admit it, I thought that you would run away, young brat."

Is she calling the police? "I'm paying for her stuff so don't call the police."
A guy wearing a black hoodie came forward, I think that he is around the same age as me.

"Who are you? Who are you to her?"

"A stranger, can't a stranger pay for someone else's?" He said taking out his wallet. "15,800 won right?"

"Y-yes..." She said and received the money. She placed all my items in several black plastic bags and I immediately took it, walking away without saying anything to him.

He could've just pretended that he didn't do anything and everything else is going to go as planned. I would go to jail for attempted shop theft and would get fined for a small amount of money.

But why must he save me from it? Like what he said, he's a stranger and why should a stranger be so nosy in other people's lives? Why must he be concerned if I have no money to even pay for groceries?

I am a gangster and no one ever cares about me but why would a stranger want to save someone like me?

I don't deserve to be saved, I really don't.