Thirty-Eight

Yiseul

"Here's your breakfast, Yiseul..." My aunt YeongAe placed a plate in front of me, my breakfast which consists of a few slices of bacon, eggs and French toast which is different from the other days. She would usually serve me something simpler and easier to digest such as a simple cheese toast or something extravagant like a full course Korean breakfast but today is the first day that she actually made American breakfast for all of us, and every plate that she served is different, not repeating the positions of the food items on the plate and I think that they look very pretty.

But it is still going into my stomach anyway, so it doesn't really matter if the plating is beautiful or not because I am still going to eat it. "Thank you," I said a simple thank you which made me blush uncontrollably, it is something that I don't really say. It is not my style to say anything nice to anyone but these days, I have made it a habit to say it to anyone who did nice things for me.

"Eat it well and go to school, I heard that you have a test, better ace it and do me proud as your Aunt." She said.

"Of course Yiseul is going to ace the test, she used to top her class back in elementary and middle school and she is going to take that title back." Yoo Kihyun commented. "She may look like this but she is extremely smart and good in her studies."

"That's right, she is indeed good in her studies but she gave it all up for my future." My brother Seonho butted into the conversation. "But now she gets to study, it all goes to you, Aunt YeongAe.

Ever since I moved back home, I have been behaving a little weird around Yoo Kihyun, although I am still very awkward with him and I find him rather annoying, he makes a point in everything that he says. And he was the one who dragged me home to forgive my Aunt and move back to my own apartment, it is a weird thing of him to do that to me. It is not like he is that close to me, he was never that close to me.

Even though we are cousins and we are of the same age, I somehow couldn't feel that closeness with him. I think that it is because I haven't really met him much during our teenage years but I used to play around with each other a lot when we were still relatively young. But now he feels like a stranger, a stranger who is my cousin by blood but feels like a stranger. He just makes me feel weird about him, I just couldn't figure that out.

"Really?" I showed my Aunt the uncertain look on my face. "Do me proud and be the best student in the class, I know that you can do it."

"I'll try to," I told her and I finished up on my breakfast before getting up, standing up and taking my plate with me to wash the plate. "I'll go to school now."

I took my schoolbag and wore it, wearing my shoes and tying my shoelaces. My aunt YeongAe noticed that something is off from this morning and she looked towards the direction of the door, someone didn't come to pick me up this morning. "Is Wonho not going to school with you?"

We might have ditched the picking up thing a week ago because I got better and I don't need anyone to hold me while I move around with my clutches, my injuries are nearly healed and I can move around on my own without his help. And the other reason is that I started staying at his place as his temporary roommate because I moved out of my own apartment after that sudden truth that I just couldn't accept at that point of time.

And now that I have moved back to my own apartment, it feels kind of weird for him to start going to school with me again. It is not like he really has romantic feelings for me, he is just someone who is in the same situation as me and I could really connect with him emotionally at times. We help each other get through the darkest points of our lives, and we are just like best friends. And he is my best friend, not that I like to admit it but he is one of the people that I consider a friend.

"Maybe he is busy, it is not like I need a lot of help moving around now," I told my Aunt YeongAe before I said goodbye to her and got out of the house.

I know the reason why he isn't here to accompany me to school today, it is not that he is busy. He has something to hide and he doesn't want me to know about it, I can tell and we discussed this before. We have once talked to each other that if we have something in mind but we couldn't tell to each other, we will not tell each other and give each other space until the person decides to speak up.

And he has something that he couldn't tell me and thus, he is not letting me know about it until he is willing to tell it to me by himself. I don't know what exactly is making him ignore me but I know that he will tell me someday when he is ready. I stared at him and he was saying nothing but he sat down next to me, he didn't even say hello to me and kept quiet until a certain someone walks into the classroom.

And it is not Yoo Kihyun, he has made Yoo Kihyun his eternal enemy and he will not talk to him for the rest of his life even if he comes to him begging him for forgiveness, it will take a long while for Yoo Kihyun to know his mistakes and apologize to him properly. It is Son Hyunwoo, the guy that I feared and I still fear him now. He was the key personnel who landed me in this mess and he will definitely do that to me again when he gets the chance.

Lee Wonho goes to him and they hug each other, I have no idea how close they are. They don't even know each other until last weekend and they are being like great friends with each other now, what exactly is happening?