Forty-five

Yiseul

I let out a huge sneeze and I feel so much tired than I already am in the past 30 seconds, I can't believe that I am getting sick at this timing and it is on a weekday, I am going to miss all of the classes if I don't get better by tomorrow and my grades would definitely fall in return. It is my fault for not wearing any shoes and not wearing any outerwear either when I was confronting Lee Wonho last Friday, I was so angry that I didn't care about anything else but to direct all of my insults towards him and I didn't have the time to care about myself and landed myself in this kind of a situation.

I could've have been able to prevent it but I was so hotheaded that I forgot about everything else, I have been sick for the last 3 days because of that stupid mistake that I have committed. Now I hate myself even more because I am this stupid to do that to myself, to freeze myself in the cold night breeze and developed a fever that doesn't seem to get away at all.

Because of this stupid situation that I landed myself in, I can't even go anywhere or I will feel faint, the sickness is making me so tired that I literally can't do anything else but to lay in bed all day. I feel so bad for the people who have to bring in food and water for me every time I need to have some food, especially my aunt who is already busy with her work alone and now she has to take care of me.

My younger brother is always studying so hard but he has to take care of me as well which makes me feel so bad and I want to get better in an instant so that they wouldn't have to take care of me but this sickness is not going anytime soon, I really want to get back to school so that everyone would start to believe that I didn't appear in school because I had the intention of skipping school but it was because I was sick.

And I will be able to prove to Lee Wonho that I am totally not affected by his words that he threw towards me, I need to show him that I don't need him as a friend and I am able to survive well in this world without any friends, I didn't have friends, to begin with so why would it affect me now?

It is not like I don't have my family with me, I have my younger brother Seonho who cares for me a lot, my paternal aunt who helps me a lot financially and Yoo Kihyun who is more of an arrogant bastard most of the time. But he has changed a lot in the past few days, it is as if the shell that he was trying to hide suddenly showed up and he has no idea how to shove it back into his cave.

He has been helping me to copy down the notes from every class and he would pass it to me when he gets back home, I didn't know that he has such neat handwriting and he is very detailed in his notes as well, I can tell that he put a lot of effort for me to be able to understand it as if I was in class and I wrote down those notes myself. I feel like he has been hiding this side of himself for such a long time and he only opened up about himself recently, but I am kind of glad that he changed his personality just a little so that I wouldn't feel so annoyed every time I see him around.

"I see that you are trying to get out of bed again but you failed miserably and now you are just standing up on the bed and waiting for the energy to build up again, I thought that my mother told you to stay in bed and not go anywhere at all?" I looked towards the door and Yoo Kihyun is there, still in his school uniform and he just returned home from school.

I rolled my eyes, that is the only thing that I can do all the time and I don't feel tired doing it. "You don't understand it, you are not the person who is sick," I told him. "I am and I feel so damn miserable, I want to get out of the house right now. I want to go outside and breathe in some of that fresh air that I have been missing out on for the past 3 days."

"Here are the notes for today, the literature teacher talks a little too much today so there is an extra page for that subject." He passes me the notes and he walks out of the room but I called him back for a little request. "What is it?" He asks.

"Could you be a dear and help me get out of the bed? I have spent too much time on this bed and I am getting bored with it, can you bring me to the couch instead?" I asked him in the most polite way that I can muster.

"My mother said that you are not to leave your bed unless you needed to go to the toilet or something, stay in bed if you don't want to get into trouble. Call me if you need any help." He sighed deeply and turned his back around to walk out of my room.

But I won't stay put just because he told me to, I am getting out of the bed today no matter what happens, I am so done being the good girl and doing everything I was told to do, I am so annoyed with that nonsense and I want to do whatever I want to do. I used all the strength that I have saved up in the past few hours and I lifted myself off the bed and I used too much of that strength and I fall face-first down to the floor.

I let out a muffled yell and Yoo Kihyun heard it perfectly well and he came to me, looking at me with a confused facial expression. "How the hell did you even think of doing that?"

"I don't know." I tried to get up but I think that I just dislocated my shoulder and I let out a louder yell this time. "Send me to the hospital now, this is the time for me to finally get out of this apartment." But in a nasty way and it works, I still could get out of this damned apartment by accidentally getting injured and having to go to the hospital to fix that tiny issue.