Thirty-one

Wonho

I peeked my head around and I didn't see Yoo Yiseul returning back to class any sooner, the cafeteria is not that far away from here and it doesn't take a very long time to buy a cup of coffee either, it is not like she is buying coffee for the whole class. And plus with her leg nearly healed, she should be walking back to class even faster than expected but why is she taking such a long time?

Class is starting soon and there is still no sight of her coming back soon, Mr Kang is not going to be pleased knowing that his most rebellious student hasn't returned back to class in time and he would scold me as well as I am responsible for whatever she will do, good or bad and it is going to affect my attendance and my grades, maybe my reputation as well but I care less about that. What if she falls down somewhere and she is unable to call for help and get help from anyone helpful? But I doubt that it would happen but anything could happen in such situations.

I stood up, getting out of my seat where Lee Minhyuk stopped me. "Where are you going? Class is going to start and Mr Kang is not going to be pleased if he doesn't see the whole class present."

"I have to get Yoo Yiseul, she is taking ages and I am afraid that something bad might happen to her." He laughed and I glared at him. "I'm serious, her leg is recovering and there is still a chance that it might cause her pain when she walks. I'll tell Mr Kang when I come back, you help me out with that."

"Should I come along?" Yoo Kihyun joins into the conversation and my mood immediately goes down, why is he always there to ruin the mood for everyone?

"Everything would be better if you weren't there in middle school," I told him and I turned towards Minhyuk. "I'll be back very soon."

I got out of the classroom and I looked around everywhere at every single corner, worried that she might be laying down somewhere waiting for me to get her. She might not want my help judging by her personality but she has relied on me ever since she got heavily injured and wanted me to protect her, even though I know it very well that I can't do it. I am not trained in any sort of martial arts and even if I have worked out a little, I didn't train my muscles to do such a thing, I will use my strength to hurt people intentionally, that is the wrong thing to do.

I walked towards the last block of the school where I heard a few voices in the background, they don't sound like it is a good thing. My guess was right when I saw a huge group of men gathering around someone and I know who this group of people are, they are one of the most popular cliqués in the school and they are led by the school president. I walked closer to them slowly and it slowly revealed to be Yoo Yiseul who is being surrounded by all these people.

What does she offend them this time? I know that she offends people all the time, intentionally or not but she would always have to make a trip to the detention office every single day but that number has decreased drastically since last week, she had stopped beating up people randomly and she seldom caused any troubles to any student or teacher. But why now?

"Tell me exactly who they are, I can tell that there is something between them and you." Her eyes shifted to somewhere else when I asked her this question, she definitely had something that she has to hide and it is not something good. I noticed that she would always avoid that group of people in school at all costs and I have caught her a few times trying to run away from them, they definitely don't have a regular student between student relationship, especially with that school president, Son Hyunwoo. "Don't tell me that you had a crush on Son Hyunwoo."

She punched me in the stomach. "What? You are crazy for thinking that."

"Then why are you always avoiding them whenever you see them in school and what happened earlier, why did they want to do that to you?"

She gives the look and she sighs. "You are not going to let me off if I wouldn't say anything right? Fine, I'll tell you. Do you remember the day where you saved me from that nightclub? They were the ones who beat me up."

Are you serious? But I kind of believe her though, judging by the way those guys were behaving earlier, they really do look like the kind that they will beat up people but judging by their reputations in school, they are the people who are the most unlikely to do such a thing, they are the people who get As for all of their exams and well-loved and is being worshipped by everyone in school, they are also one of the richest people in the whole nation.

But most rich kids portrayed in dramas have a lot of mental issues and they tend to do weird things to satisfy their unfulfilled desires left from their lonely childhood, they have parents that want them to be the best and they tend to push them to their limits, they can't do their best under pressure and soon they turn towards the bad side of life, going towards the bad people so that they can have a normal life other than their restricted and high-profile lives filled with fakeness and the art of impressing others just to make them look powerful.

"That school president as well?" She nodded.

"He is the gang leader and the owner of that nightclub, I wished that I hadn't tried to fight all of them at one go. I was lucky to have survived the entire ordeal if you weren't there at the right moment, I could've just died that day and we wouldn't have become such great friends." She held onto my hand. "If you would, would you help me get back at them? I know that you wouldn't hit anyone but on my behalf, can you do it?"

I nodded. "Why wouldn't I? I will never allow you to get injured again, not by his people and him."

She suddenly cleared her throat and let go of my hand. "That's all, let's go back to class. Mr Kang is going to have me go for detention if I don't go for his classes and that includes you as well."

I scoffed. "What happened to the gangster Yoo Yiseul? I know that you have been going to school every single day but that doesn't mean that you are a model student."

She hit me on the shoulder. "Since when I wanted to be a model student? I will fail this school year if I don't turn up for school every day, Mr annoying Kang is going to fail me and you are responsible for whatever that I do."

I unknowingly blurted out. "Are you responsible for what you have done to me? Are you responsible for taking my heart?"