💔Kirishima x Princess! Reader

Requested by LittleTsukune

Inspired by the story "The Lady, or the Tiger?"

A long time ago in a kingdom far away in a distant land was a strange and cruel king, who and a strong belief in karma. His trials for everyone were strange and cruel. There would be two doors, both silent, but one door houses a hungry tiger, while the other had a beautiful woman. The king believed that if the convicted were innocent good karma would reward them by letting them guess the door with a beautiful woman. Whom they shall marry on the spot. If they were truly guilty then karma would fate them to pick the Tiger's door and will be feed to the beast.

This king had a lovely daughter, she was his pride and joy. He prized her so much he refused to let any man near his daughter, only the ones he deemed trustworthy enough to even be near her, till he found a worthy prince to be her husband. 

But in the meantime, he assigned his most skilled guard to watch over his daughter, Kirishima. The two at first merely saw each other in a professional light and nothing more. Yet over time the two grew close as spent more and more time together. From small inside jokes to small sarcastic and flirtatious flirting to secret meetings in the garden.

The two grew closer and closer till one day Kirishia wished to be more than just her guard, but her husband, they both knew that the king would never allow that. So the two came up with a plan, that they would run away together, and go someplace far away from this place.

Sadly a greedy court man had spotted the lovers one night and quickly reported it to the king. Along with adding some tall tells and lies to the situation. The king was furious at the news and ordered Kirishima's arrest. The king ordered his servants to prepare the trial, to get the most fearsome and hungriest tiger, but true to his rules ordered the finest women to be found as well. As thanks to the court man's findings, the king raised his states as his right-hand man.

Princess Y/n watched in horror as her love was forced into cuffs as he was shipped off to the dungeons. Knowing what would come next, so she quickly chased down the beast handler and bribed him with gold to have the tiger placed behind the left door, and to have the women behind the right.

But as she was about to leave she remembered that, if got Kirishima to pick the right door, he would have to marry that woman. So before she left she asked who the lucky maiden to be chosen, and to her horror, it was the beautiful popular lady Mina.

Before Kirishima and Y/n began to secretly, she was aware of Kirishima's infatuation with Mina. Plus from what the beast handler told her, is that Mina seemed to have feelings for the kindhearted knight.

Y/n's heart wisted and lacked at this, as she left will a bitter taste in her mouth. She didn't wish any harm on Kirishima, yet a small yet loud part of her didn't want to see her love married off to mina or any other woman.

---------------

This ate away at the princess as the maids lead her to her throne next to her father's. Which had the best view of the trial as a trap door opened, a lift soon brought Kirishima up into the cheering crowd. As Kirishima looked around the collusion, but his eyes soon found hers. The cheers and shouts of the crowd vanished from his ears, as he stared with worried eyes at Y/n.

As Y/n sat there, her heart throbbed painfully as she forced herself to make a choice. She held back her tears and subtly signaled to a door. With a heavy heart let a single tear run down her cheek. Kirishima nodded slightly and without walked up to the door and opened it.

The door revealed Mina who was beautiful dresses in a wedding gown, as she smiled brightly at Kirishima. Kirishima sighed in relief as Mina tackled her new husband into a hug. As Kirishima weakly smiled at the beautiful mina, he couldn't help but feel empty. Maybe his past self would have been happy to may the most beautiful girl in the kingdom, but that old flame had long gone out. As he turned back toward the Y/n, his heart dropped. Y/n's throne was empty as the king and the other's cheered for the new married couple.
_____