☁ Kitsune!Sero x reader

Requested by @Owl_MHA

It remember it like it was yesterday, or a far off dream. When I first me the gaurdian of the forest, when he was small and young like I was.

"You meet the gaurdian of the forest Aunty Y/n?" Ask Roxi her youngest niece.

"Indeed,"

"Can you tell me that story aunty?" Roxi asked excitedly.

"I'm sure your father, my brother would not like you hearing this old women's story," Y/n chuckled.

"I wanna know~," Roxi pestered.

"Alright," Y/n said with a smile.

When I was your age 6 or 8 maybe your grandpa was a great hunter, and wanted to train us to just like him. So one day he told me to go and practice my tracking skills since I was the oldest.

_____

I wondered into the forest when found some odd looking foot prints. It started off looking like normal fox paw prints, then they suddenly changed to human foot prints. But I still followed them into the forest.

"What are you looking for?" a voice asked my. not looking up to the person I answered.

"I'm not sure yet," I answered simply.

I followed the tracks that lead to a pair of bare feet. Looking up to see a young boy with straight black hair and wore a triangle smile on his face. behind him a could see a black fluffy white tipped tail.

"Oh it was you, umm what are you?" I asked curiously.

" I'm a Kitsune. One day I'll be the protector of this forest. My name is Sero," he said with a smile.

"I'm y/n. It's nice to meet you,'' I greeted.

"So you were practicing your tracking skills. Then it must be fun playing hide and seek with you,'' Sero smiled.

And so we played hide and seek, even though I found him the first few times. Sero became harder and harder to find. he was always sneaky like that. Yet you could tell that we grew close as friends. But eventually,

" Y/n time to come home for supper!'' father called out.

"Gee I gatta go," I  said as I waved him goodbye.

But that wasn't the first or the last time I saw Sero. I would always find reasons to go outside into the forest to meet up with Sero and play all sorts of games. Eventually I started to bring snacks with me, and our favorite one was a sweet Peach. We could have spent hours together, but as time went on we saw less and less of each other. Father started making train more often to be a skilled huntress. While Sero started to take his role as guardian more seriously as he grew. So why didn't you know it appear fate had other plans for us.

When I became 17 or 18 I was out hunting with my father on summer day. And I saw him again.

"Y/n is that you?" A male voice asked.

Y/n turned to come face to face the an older looking boy. He looked familiar too me. Long straight black hair and a warm triangle smile. Instead on one tail he has 4 tails know.

"Sero, is that You?" Y/n asked with a smile stretching on her face.

"It's so good to see you again," Sero said as he pulled y/n into a hug.

"You've grown so much," Y/n said in awe.

"Y/n where are ya?" Y/n's father called out.

"Sero I gotta go, and you should probably stay away from here. My father wants to kill you. I don't want to see you killed" Y/n said as she quickly left Sero.

You see my fathers life long dream was to hunt down the guardian of the forest. So many just saw him as some crazy couk. He May have been right about the guardian but he was indeed crazy. He was so obsessed with it that was all he ever really thought about. That is what lead to his down fall.

"Get out of the way Y/n. This is my destiny," her father threatened as he pointed his rifle right at her.

Y/n stood between Sero and her father. Her father stood infront of them ready to pull the trigger. Sero was injured, bruied, and tired who got cornered by tree. They were all standing near the edge of a great water fall.

"Fathe-," "IT'S SIR TO YOU!" Her father cut her off.

"Sir.. You don't have to do this. You don't need to kill him. You found him, you were right know just let him go," Y/n tried to reason.

"Let him go hahahaha. If I let him go I prove nothing. I'm going to prove everyone I'm not crazy. And I can't wait to make a comfy rug out of him.NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU STUPID B××××!" Her father spat in pure rage. But Y/n Did not move from her spot.

So her father shot her in the stomach, time seemed to slow down in Sero's eyes, as he watched his best friends body collapsed into the shallow river. Enraged Sero quickly quickled the man off the ledge of the waterfall.

_________

"Oh come on! What kind of ending is that?!" I Exclaimed in excitement.

"But it's true. I never saw Sero after that, ever again,'' Aunty y/n sadly chuckled.

"So do you think Sero is gone?" I asked as tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Something tells me no. After all after I inherited this place I keep finding mysterious peaches right outside my bedroom window," she said with a smile as we made our way out of the forest.

I heard a rustling in a bush behind us. I quickly turned to see two peaches rolled out of the bushes. Aunty didn't seem to hear as she kept walking. I quickly picked up the peaches and looked behind the bush. There I saw him the gaurdian aunty Y/n described. Only know he had 7 tails instead of 4. He seemed to be smiling at Aunty Y/n's house. Who was now a 76 year old lady. He slowly turned back into a fox and disappeared into the forest.

"Aunty Y/n I saw him! I saw Home!" I shouted as I ran up the path to her house.