Chapter 61

Two weeks later in the castle's dining hall... 

Emma carefully lifted a vase off the table using only her magic. To her surprise it was much harder than she thought. She frowned her eyebrows and wrinkled her nose and she focused on the vase as it bounced up and down in mid-air. Her goal was to move it onto the table across the room, right now she had the vase in the center of the room... halfway there she thought to herself.

    "That's it! You got it!" Elsa encouraged her.

    Feeling her focus get lost, the vase fell to the floor smashing into pieces, "Damnit!" She cursed, rubbing her forehead, "I'll replace your vase..."

    "Emma, they're practice vases." The queen chuckled as she waved away the mess, "I have thousands of those just for practicing and for Anna to smash when she gets upset."

    The blond princess took a seat on the nearby chair in the dining hall, "I really thought I knew how to do all the basic magic." She confused, agitatedly, "I used to practice so much on the Jolly Roger..."

    Elsa took a seat next to her troubled friend, "You're thinking too hard." She advised, placing a hand on Emma's, "Think of it as if you were going to move it with your hand." She explained, "You wouldn't overthink it, in fact, it would almost be like second nature."

The princess frowned in response., "The only difference is I wouldn't break it if I used my hand... or at least I hope I wouldn't."

"That's just your fear talking." The queen answered, "You're more scared about breaking the vase than getting it to the other table."

Emma rubbed her throbbing head, "That's because I've broken twelve of them now!"

"And like I said, we have plenty more." Elsa responded calmly, "It is just a vase, and as you said, you've done this so many times-"

"I think we need to call it a day on magic training." The tired princess interrupted.

The Queen of Arendelle took a good look at her friend. Emma's hair was a mess from her continuously running her fingers through them, her skin was pale with tiredness and her dress was almost in a disheveled state from all her slouching in the chair from exhaustion. It was evident she was fed up with the lesson and that would only cause her to continue to fail, "You're right." She empathized, "We have been at it all morning, perhaps a good lunch break will help."

"I'm so sorry Elsa." Emma said pinching her nose, "You've been so patient and I'm sure you have far more important things to be attending to-"

"Hey, hey, hey... It's alright." The pale skin friend responded with a hug, "I wouldn't have said I could help you if I didn't really want to. Magic is hard to learn, but soon you'll get the hang of it and be a natural."

The large door of the room opened and a figure with reddish-brown hair popped through, "I don't mean to interrupt, but you've been in here all morning and I thought you'd both like a meal..." Anna said sweetly.

"We were just discussing that." Elsa responded with a smile.

"Great!" Her sister responded, opening the door wider for a servant to bring in a platter full of sandwiches.

"I should see if I'm needed in the meantime." Elsa said, preparing to leave the room, "I'll be back for lunch."

"Oh and I had Kristoff head down to the docks to fetch Killian for lunch." Anna said entering the room.

Emma smiled, "Thank you, Anna... I could really use one of his hugs right now."

"What's wrong?" The younger sister asked as she walked over to her friend.