Chapter 33

Emma entered the tavern to find her parents at a table. Killian was already surrounded by wenches, barely being able to sit down. Emma became slightly jealous so she approached him and wrapped her arms around him and leaned in for a kiss, Killian kissed her back, causing the other wenches to leave. 

    "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're jealous." Killian said with a smirk.

    Emma ignored his remark knowing it was true and proceeded to take her seat, "Mom, Dad, can I talk to you?" She asked.

    "Of course." Snow responded quickly.

    Emma took a deep breath... "I think we should take Henry to the castle and start training him to become a knight." She said in a serious tone.

    "Really?" Henry said excitedly.

    "I don't know Emma, he's just a boy." David interrupted.

    "Daddy, please." She said with a sad expression, "You see how he's treated here. This is his first meal today and it's nearly sundown."

    "It would be nice to have someone to look after again..." Snow said thinking out loud.

    "And you've always wanted a son!" Emma quickly added.

Her father pondered the thought...

    "Please daddy... he has no one but us..." Emma pleaded.

    Henry desperately wanted a home, something he never had... so he started to ramble... "I'll do everything you ask, I promise! I'll even take up some jobs around the castle, I can feed the horses, help in the kitchen, I can-"

    "Alright, but I'm training you myself." David interrupted with a smirk, making Henry beam with joy...

Soon after their conversation the tavern became lively with travelers and even some of Misthaven's very own people. The tavern had been a great gathering place for everyone, drinks, games, and storytelling all around. Killian felt more at home here than he did in the palace at times. The King ordered himself and Killian a drink, the Captain was unsure if he should drink or not but the Queen assured him it was fine. It seemed David was starting to warm up to him, making Emma smile.

They spent a good amount of time in the tavern, watching people dance, playing a game of cards and just talking to each other. Snow started asking Killian questions about his past, finally getting to know him better. Killian had to admit it felt good getting the truth out, like a weight being lifted off of him. David just listened, not asking questions nor interrupting to say something rude in return. Henry listened to the Captain's tales with wide eyes and eager ears. He worshiped the ground Killian walked on, it almost seemed as if he liked the pirate more than the princess who he adored. Emma rested her head on Killian's shoulder the whole time he spoke, soaking in every word he said as if it was the first time she was hearing his stories.

    "Hey Killian, do you think one day you could take me sailing?" Henry asked with a yawn as they left the tavern.

    "Sure lad, you just name the day and I'll take you." The Captain responded with a smile.

    Emma smiled, "Father is it alright if Killian and I walk back to the castle instead?" She asked as they approached the carriage.

    "It's a long walk dear." Snow said with concern.

    "It's alright, I don't mind a good long walk." Killian said with a reassuring smile.

    "I guess it's alright... Just come straight home." David finally said.

Emma hugged her parents and Henry who soon left in the carriage, leaving just the pirate and the princess in the dark...

    "Is everything alright love?" Killian asked, slightly concerned.

    "Oh yes! I just wanted to spend some time alone with you." Emma responded with a blush.

Killian gave a smirk, still amazed he could make her blush just as he did when they first met. He felt like he fell in love with her more and more every day...

    "It was really nice of you to say you would take Henry sailing." The princess said as they walked.

    "Aye, he seems like a good lad." Killian responded.

    "He really is, just hasn't had the best life." She responded.

    "I must confess, I'm surprised your father let me walk you home in the dark." He said.

    "I think he likes you." Emma said with a smile.

    "I hope so..." He responded, releasing a heavy breath.

    "If it means anything, my mother always liked you." Emma added, feeling his uncertainty.

    "Darling, she likes everyone." Killian responded with a small laugh.

The two of them continued to walk, hand in hand, enjoying each other's company. Even though they spent the entire day together, they didn't talk much. When they did talk, they cherished it, reminding them of their time on the Jolly Roger... Soon they would be back on the enchanted ship, wrapped in each other's arms all night and then talking nonstop all day, soon their new adventures would begin.

I know it's a bit of a shorter chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it!

As always... leave comments, suggestions, anything! :)