Chapter 73

Entering King George's Kingdom...

It was now a day later and the Jolly Roger was holding together as best expected. Killian cautiously steered them into the Kingdom of Mal's docks. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't dreading every second he was here. Not only would Emma's life be endangered, but he was sure to see his brother's killer at some point. He wasn't sure if he would be able to compose himself if he came face to face with King George... The captain's first instinct was to run his sword through the man's gut and let the deceitful king die a slow and painful death. But above all, he wanted to keep Emma as far away from that man as possible.

No doubt in Killian's mind would King George try to kidnap his princess and use her to tease him. The king would rub it in his face how he killed Liam, and now he would do the same to Emma, but of course, he would torture her first. In doing so, torture him, which was the overall goal. King George hated the captain because he exposed his little plan of bringing dreamshade to the Kingdom of Mal to kill his people. You'd think the kingdom would be glad and thanking Killian, but they fell for their king's lie and believed that Killian and his crew took it for themselves which left many of the kingdom's people to die...

Meanwhile, Emma was sitting at the table on deck drinking her morning tea, feeling a bit under the weather. Much to her dismay, she would have to leave the ship with Killian today. Normally the captain would be okay with her staying on the ship with Mr. Smee or another trusted crew member, but with this being King George's kingdom he wasn't taking a chance. He and Emma still weren't on the best terms but that didn't mean he would let anything happen to her and of course was she making his life more difficult by continuously protesting that she could stay here by herself.

    Killian left the helm to Mr. Smee and he walked over to Emma, "We're docking soon, love." He announced, "We can't stay long so I'm afraid anything you desire will need to be collected at our next port."

    The princess looked away from him, still upset that he had blamed her for the ambush, "I suppose I still have to accompany you?" She asked, wiping her runny nose.

    He let out a breath of frustration, "Aye, Swan." He answered.

    Emma quickly caught onto his mood, "I'm still not feeling too well, are you certain I just couldn't stay here?" She asked once more, "I'll stay in our quarters." She promised.

    "I told you to keep out of the sun, but you've failed to listen to me." The captain responded harshly.

All of sudden the princess didn't feel angry with him anymore, she felt sadness wash over her. The truth was they spent so long in Arendelle that her body couldn't handle the constant burning sun and the sudden change of weather. While in Arendelle she spent much of her time indoors, and when she was outdoors the sun wasn't nearly as brutal since the kingdom was naturally cold. She knew she should be staying in the shade as he always advised, even more so stay below decks, but she wanted to be near him. Unfortunately, that meant enduring the unforgiving sun and endless headaches. Emma also knew she was running his patience thin with the constant questions of if she could stay on the Jolly Roger. She wasn't asking to be difficult, but simply because her body begged her to rest... She wanted to go home more than ever now. All Emma wanted to do was lay in her bed in the castle and have her father bring her his famous tea and hear her mother tells stories to try and distract her mind. Instead, she was stuck here with a crew who despised her and a captain who seemed to be losing patience with her if she even looked in his direction...

    After taking a good look at her, a wave of guilt washed over Killian. Her face oddly pale, her nose was red and the life in her eyes had vanished. He let out a sigh, tired of yelling at her, "Do you have your father's sword for when we dock?" He asked.