Chapter 16

Above deck on the Jolly Roger...

Killian and his crew were all on the floor, heads dizzy, ears ringing. They all tried to stand up after the cannon struck the ship, but before any of them could notice Blackbeard's ship was right next to theirs, preparing to board the Jolly Roger. Killian saw this as his head was spinning and he dreaded it, he felt so hopeless in this moment, but he had to pull himself together...

"Well, that's quite an entrance I must say, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Killian asked, trying to play it cool as he stood up.

"Don't bother acting like we're friends now, Jones." Blackbeard responded, making his way onto the deck...

"Rumor says you have a princess on your ship..." He continued.

"Well you shouldn't believe everything you hear, if that's all you can leave now." Killian insisted, trying to get rid of the man.

Killian noticed out of the corner of his eye one of his crew members was trying to get Emma back down into the cabin, but of course, she was resisting. Stubborn lass, one of the things he loved about her but also made him furious. As long as she obliged they still had a chance to get out of this alive...

    "What's the rush then Jones? You wouldn't mind if some of my crew came aboard then... I'd like to show them what a lesser pirate looks like." Blackbeard pressed on as his small crew boarded the ship.

    "Well they look at you all day, so I'm sure they know what a lesser pirate looks like." Killian spat back, getting irritated.

This in return angered Blackbeard making him draw his sword to Killian's neck. This caught Emma's attention, watching her love stand there, not fighting back...none of them were, it was most definitely strange.

    "What do you want?" Emma asked, pushing through Killian's crew.

    "Go back to the cabin now!" Killian responded furiously.

    "And you've already bedded her! Now she truly is worthless!" Blackbeard laughed out referring to her outfit.

Embarrassment came over Emma as she was standing in nothing else but Killian's shirt, it was big on her but still not making the situation any better. Blackbeard and his crew laughed.

    "We've never-" Emma started, trying to defend herself.

    "Swan. Go to the cabin." Killian said, gritting his teeth.

    "Well, if she was going to say what I think she was, then she's worth a lot." Blackbeard thought out loud.

    "Princess of the Enchanted Forest, right?" Blackbeard asked Emma.

    "Its proper name is Misthaven, but-" She started to respond idiotically.

    "Emma, stop!" Killian yelled at her, blade still held to his throat.

    "This was all too easy!" Blackbeard laughed.

    "Alright men you know what to do..." He continued on.

Blackbeard's crew began to approach Emma, making Killian rage. Before he could even think he drew his sword and slashed it against Blackbeard's knocking it out of his hands. Everyone froze.

    "Why don't we settle this a proper way, mate?" Killian asked, holding his sword to Blackbeard.

    "What do you propose?" Blackbeard asked, knowing he was weaker.

    "You and your crew against mine. Winner takes the princess." Killian responded confidently.

    "Deal." Blackbeard responded.