Chapter 49

The next morning... 

Emma woke to the sun shining on her face. She must have turned in her sleep because Killian was hugging her tightly from behind, pressed against her back. It was odd that he was still asleep while the sun was fully in the sky. He must have been more tired than she originally thought. The princess decided to let him sleep in, knowing he needed the rest. She occupied herself by looking out the window while laying in bed with her pirate. She knew he would be upset when he woke, they were supposed to set sail hours ago. Neal, who wasn't that punctual, would most likely be grateful for the delay.

Killian began to move in his sleep and Emma turned her body to face him. He always looked so peaceful when he slept. His hair had fallen in front of his face, hiding his tired eyes from the light. The princess couldn't help but place her hand on his face and gently stroke his stubbled cheek. She then moved the hair out of his face, letting the sun reveal how truly handsome he was. She rubbed her thumb over the scar on his cheek then placed a soft kiss on his lips, waking him.

    "Good morning love..." He slurred with his husky accent, barely opening his eyes.

    It was indeed an odd sight to see him so tired, but she loved the sound of his voice in the morning. His voice never went above a whisper and his accent became deeper. "Good morning handsome." She smiled.

Killian shut his eyes once more, his body refusing to wake up. He pulled his princess closer to him, she didn't object. She closed her eyes and listened to his steady heartbeat. Whenever he was sleepy he loved to receive affection and being affectionate in return. His fearsome pirate reputation seemed non-existent in moments like these.

    Killian blinked his eyes open, finally noticed the brightness entering their room, "Bloody hell..." He muttered, beginning to sit up, "Swan, wake up."

    She instantly missed her sleepy pirate, "What's the hurry?" Emma asked sitting up, "Can't we just lay here a little longer?" She begged.

    The captain hated denying his love of her simple wishes, but they had a schedule to keep. "Another time darling, but we must be going now." He swiftly got up and placed a kiss on her head before getting dressed.

Emma accepted her defeat and followed along with getting dressed for the day...

The two lovers headed down to the tavern where they planned to meet up with Neal and the chefs her parents insisted on her bringing. Once they arrived they were surprised to find Neal fully awake and with a hint of irritation on his face.

    "Where have you been?" The prince asked fiercely.

    "Good morning to you too..." Killian said with an eye roll. He despised disrespectful people.

    It was too early for an argument, "We overslept." Emma answered calmly.

    Neal observed her strange outfit, a blue jacket with a white blouse and simple pants. Not the typical princess outfit... "What the hell are you wearing?"

    Killian, who was wearing his typical pirate attire, looked around the tavern. "Where are the other two?" he asked, ignoring the rude comment towards Emma. 

    "I haven't seen them." Neal responded.

    The captain quickly turned his head to face Neal, "Are you good for anything?" He asked rhetorically in an angry tone. His short temper getting the better of him.

    "Hey, calm down." Emma said, placing a hand on his arm.

They all knew Killian hated being late, but he hated it even more if someone else made him late. He overslept and he blamed himself for that, even if Emma should've woken him. He figured she let him sleep in just as he lets her sleep in when they have the time. He wasn't mad at her, he could never be. But everyone else was a different story, he could easily snap at them. Even if the situation wasn't their fault.