Chapter 8

Emma stared at herself in the small mirror above her dresser. She picked out her best dress that she brought. It was pink with small sleeves that barely went over her shoulders, it had a v-neckline showing a little cleavage. The dress hugged her small waist and flowed out slightly past her knees. She placed her swan necklace on her neck and studied her hair. She thought it looked a mess down, so lifeless, fizzy and tangled. She proceeded to put it up into a ponytail, not completely liking how she looked but it was the best she could do with what she had, hoping Killian would like it.

She was nervous, which was very rare for her. Back in Misthaven she could have any man she wanted and they would've already wanted her before she could ask. She thought maybe her disheveled appearance was shaking her confidence as she was used to her maids finding the perfect dress, doing her hair and fixing up her face. Her parents would have also been there to boost her confidence as they could never stop doting over their only daughter. Emma also knew Killian had been with many women before her in ways she could only dream of, this scared her most of all... she wanted him but she had never done anything like he had, she'd never even come close to kissing any man until earlier that day above deck before Mr. Smee interrupted them. She sat on her bed with these thoughts rattling in her brain, waiting for Killian to knock on her door.

Just behind her door was Killian on the other side, in his quarters. He didn't have many options in his closet to choose from, he ended up wearing his black leather jacket and one of his nicer vests matched with a pair of leather pants. He fixed his hair quickly with his finger, knowing not much was going to improve. He then focused on the table where they would be dining at, a small checkered cloth laid in the center with a basket of bread on top, a tall candle placed on both sides giving light to his cabin. He was disappointed he couldn't give her a nicer dinner option, that night his chef only made some chicken and mashed potatoes, wine for the drink. For pirates it was a royal meal, but for Emma it was probably something she rarely ate back home. For the first time in forever he was nervous... sure he had his way with many women, but they were none he was trying to impress or even cared about. Emma was special to him, he wanted her to like him and he felt all the tales of his past would ruin that.

Pushing his nervousness aside he went to her door and knocked... When the Princess opened the door he saw the most beautiful thing, her green eyes shined bright. Her lips were blood red, probably from biting them... something he noticed she did when she was lost in thoughts, her cheeks were their typical rosy color. He loved that her hair was pulled back so he could soak in all her beauty without her long blond locks getting in the way.

"You look beautiful, Swan..." Killian said, still staring at her.

    "You're not too bad yourself Captain." Emma said blushing.

    "Right this way, my lady." Killian said, smirking, holding his arm out for her to grab.

Emma took his arm then entered his quarters. She stared at the table, it was simple yet romantic. Just how she liked most things.

    "Sorry I couldn't get you a nicer venue... or meal..." Killian said nervously, scratching behind his ear.

    "No, it's lovely Killian." Emma said, taking her place at the table.

Killian then took his place. Emma was quick to dig into her meal, eating the mashed potatoes first. Killian chuckled watching her quickly devouring the food while he took his time, having more table manners than the princess.

    "If my mother saw me right now she'd probably kill me!" Emma said, knowing what a mess she must look like right now.

    "Why, love? Is it because you're having dinner with a devilishly handsome pirate?" Killian said with the biggest grin.