Chapter 9

A few days later...

It was the afternoon and Captain Jones was at his typical place on the Jolly Roger. He was at his ship's wheel, still traveling to the nearest port. He watched over his crew as his men did their daily task, his eyes caught Emma on the far side of the ship in a long white dress with long sleeves and a white cape with a hood blocking the cool breeze. She was sitting on the deck with a bucket full of water in front of her. Next to her laid a pile of her nice dresses, he watched in confusion, not knowing what she was doing. Quickly the Princess took a dress from the small pile and shoved it into the bucket, moving the dress up and down. She was trying to clean them... Killian had to admit, he felt awful knowing he couldn't provide her a nicer life on the ship. She never once complained, but he knew she missed her clean clothes and being able to wash hair and herself, everyday. As pirates they only ever took a bath and cleaned their clothes when they reached a port, all of his men had been out a sea longer than usual but they didn't mind.

    "Smee, take over." The Captain said to his first mate who was a few feet away.

    "Aye aye, Captain!" He responded, heading to the wheel.

Killian began to walk over to the princess, hoping he could get her to stop ruining the little possessions she had left.

    "Love, you're going to ruin your dresses..." Killian whispered to her, squatting down.

    "They're all just so dirty, I just couldn't bear it." Emma said, her princess side showing.

    "Aye... I know, you deserve better. We should be at port soon." Killian informed.

"When we dock, why don't you go into town and pick out some more practical clothes, and anything else your heart desires..." He continued on.

"Oh, Killian... that's not necessary, I just have to adjust to this lifestyle." She responded, not wanting him to feel bad or seem needy.

"Nonsense, Swan. As long as you are aboard my ship, you get anything you want." He responded, meaning every word.

"Wow, even on your ship I get to make the demands? I might be taking your role soon." She said jokingly, looking up at him, smiling.

"Please, you couldn't handle it." Killian said, inches away from her face.

"I'm serious though love, I want you to have everything you want..." Killian said in a quiet serious tone.

"Thank you, Killian..." Emma said, placing a hand on his cheek and giving him a quick kiss on the lips, not caring if anyone saw.

"LAND HO!" Said the crew member in the crow's nest.

Killiam quickly got up, taking a telescope out of his pocket to see if there was indeed land in the distance. There was.

Emma got up and stood next to him.

    "Where are we exactly, Captain?" Emma asked Killian.

    "We're going to dock for a couple of days, on a small island." Killian responded, handing Emma the telescope so she could see.

    "It's called Angel Island, there's no ruler there and everyone keeps to themselves. No one should know you there either, you'll be safe." He continued on, more explaining to himself than to the princess.

    "It looks beautiful." Emma commented.

    "It is... perhaps we could have another date night tonight?" Killian asked in a flirtatious tone, a smirk on his face.

    "Hoping to have your way with a princess, Captain?" Emma teased, looking through the telescope.

    "Well, if the lady insists, who am I to deny her what she wants..." Killian said, playing along with Emma's joke...