Chapter 10

Later that same day...

Emma and Killian had spent the entire afternoon going from store to store stocking up on things the Jolly Roger needed. They obtained crates of fruits and vegetables and a lot of rum. Killian purchased extra planks, sails, ropes, barrels and weapons just for back in case they ran into an unexpected storm or trouble. When Emma was distracted by the Villages children dancing in the town center he took his chance and slipped into a small shop and purchased her a large tub and bars of soap so she could have something to bath in when they were at sea. Some crew members showed up at the dock to help load all the items onto the ship, Killian was grateful for the help knowing they didn't have to help.

Emma helped load the smaller object onto the ship before taking her place back at the bench and table she sat at earlier that day. She got lost in her thoughts about what her parents would think of her recent decisions. She had been their perfect daughter from the moment she was born. She was her kingdom's future and her people relied on her... but here she was, journeys away from home. She knew she would go back home, she wanted too, but a bigger part of her longed to stay on the Jolly Roger, with Killian, traveling the oceans. She felt so at peace and happy... it's not that she wasn't happy back in her castle, but she felt freedom out here, miles from home not having to worry about her princess duties. This conflict rattled in her brain everyday since she decided to stay with Killian on his ship...

    "Ready for our date, Swan?" Killian asked, approaching her with a smile, stopping her worrying thought.

    "Let me go get ready! I can't go looking like this. I'm a mess." Emma said, standing up from her seat.

    "I assure you, you're a gorgeous lass...." Killian responded, staring at her beauty.

Her blond hair was long and flowing, slightly frizzy but he loved it. Her green eyes seemed lost in worry but he knew why... He focused on her red lips and rosy cheeks, small freckles were starting to appear on her face now as she spent her days in the sun, causing her skin to tan. Her white dress was slightly dirty from walking in the dirt path all afternoon, her cape was now gone, as she had felt hot while walking and decided to remove it.

    "Killian, please, at least let me change." Emma insisted, still not liking her appearance.

    "Swan. You have nothing else to change into. You left your dresses in that bucket." Killian reminded her.

    "Oh... right." Emma said, remembering her impulsive, stupid, decision.

    "It's alright love, It just gives me an excuse to spoil you tomorrow." Killian responded, wanting to take her to get her some new clothes and anything she wanted.

"That really isn't necessary." Emma said, still being stubborn.

"Unless you want to walk around the Jolly Roger nacked... not that I'd be opposed... I suggest you get some clothes."  Killian responded, trying to remain serious.

Emma let out a breath of frustration knowing he was right.

    "So where is the Captain going to take me for our date then?" Emma asked, trying to change the subject.

    "I've arranged a horse to come get us, I've had Mr. Smee set up a picnic in the meadows." Killian said, humoring her.

    "Captain Jones ordered us a carriage?" Emma responded with a grin, shocked.

    "No, love. Just a horse... you do know how to ride one, right?" Killian let out a chuckled, her princess side once again showing.

    "Uh, yeah... I haven't ridden one since I was a girl though. Mother thought it wasn't princess-like and father thought the carriages were safer." She replied nervously.

    "Well, it's a good thing I'll be taking the lead then." Killian responded as a stable boy came up to them with a tall, all white horse.

Killian handed the lad a bag of coins for the horse. He helped Emma up onto the horse first letting her sit in the front. He then got up on the horse sitting behind her. He wrapped his arms around her and grabbed the reins.

The horse ride was an adventure in itself. Killian kept demanding the horse to go faster and faster, making Emma laugh. She trusted Killian with her life and he knew she wasn't in danger around him, so when she thought she was going to fall off the horse she just reminded herself that Killian would catch her before she even had a chance to fall...

It wasn't long before they got to the secluded meadow. Emma took in the sight as Killian helped her off and started tying the horse to a tree. Near the tree was a perfect size blanket where their basket of food waited and a lantern by it for when the sun would prepare to set. Out in the distance was the sea, the sun shined causing the water to glisten.

    "It's absolutely beautiful!" Emma said, still taking in the view.

    "Aye... it is." Killian said, only staring at Emma.

    "Come darling, I've got your favorite." Killian continued, making the princess face him.

    "Mashed potatoes and roast beef!" Emma said, with a child-like smile.

    "You said it was your favorite back in Misthaven. I thought it would be better than our typical meals of fish." Killian said as his own smile grew from watching Emma.

    "You are amazing Killian Jones..." Emma said leaning in for a kiss.

Killian gladly accepted her kiss, he even deepened it. Her lips were always so soft and warm making him feel like he was the good man she believed he was. He poured all his love for her into his kiss, hoping she knew how special she was. He especially wanted her to know in this moment without the prying eyes of his crew, where he could give her his undivided attention. He didn't mind kissing Emma in front of his men as none of them would dare say anything and most of the crew was very fond of the princess. She brought so much joy and laughter to the ship, all of them respected her and treated her well. She spent some of her days talking to them when they were finished with their task, hearing their stories... there was no doubt that some of their loyalty was now shifted to her.

They finished their dinner and talked about Emma's parents. The topic was always overwhelming to Emma, it was something she tried not to think about. She rested her head against Killian's shoulder as he rubbed her back... the events and her thoughts finally taking their toll.

    "Come love, let's go get a room for the night." Killian said, slightly waking Emma.

    "No funny business mister... I'm just too tired." Emma said, the first part jokingly.

    "Well, I'm always a gentleman." Killian said with a smirk. 

Once they traveled back into town, Killian located the building his crew decided to stay in and got him and Emma a room with two beds. Killian gave her one of his black long sleeve shirts to wear so she didn't have to sleep in her dress. When she put it on it consumed so much of her small body. His shirt that fit him perfectly but fit like a dress on her. The sleeves were so long her hands barely showed, the length reached mid-thigh. 

He watched her lay in bed, a strand of hair in her face as she hugged a pillow with her eyes closed. He truly thought she looked like an angel... He decided to lay in the bed next to hers, giving her space, knowing she wasn't quite ready to share a bed yet. He didn't mind though, in the other bed he got a perfect view of her and that was all he needed before he himself drifted off to sleep...