Chapter 19

One week later...

It was late morning on the Jolly Roger. Killian gave the crew the day off, feeling in a generous mood. He really appreciated everything they did for him, even when he got mad they never left his side. Sure he paid them their share of treasure but lately there wasn't any, and not once did they complain. This was his way of thanking them... the majority took this opportunity to catch up on sleep and enjoy some personal time so the deck was almost empty. The only other person on deck was the princess.

Emma was on the far side of the ship wearing a short loose red dress with no sleeves, It had a long split in the front revealing her golden skin. She would never wear these clothes back home and he knew it. What a tease she was, revealing herself but not letting him touch... Her long hair was lifted by the slight wind and when she turned to look at him he swore he was looking at an angel. His heart skipped several beats.

She was drinking her morning tea while taking in the smell of the ocean and watching the waves crash. Things between them went back to normal and Killian was relieved. He left his position from the wheel and made his way over to her.

"You look gorgeous, love." Killian said approaching her.

"Why thank you, captain. You seem to be in a good mood, giving the crew the day off and all." Emma said with a smile, now facing him.

"Well, it's hard not to be in a good mood around you... especially looking like that" Killian said, soaking in her beauty, biting his lower lip.

"Ditto." Emma said, receiving a kiss from Killian on the side of her head.

They stood there in a comfortable silence, watching the ocean. Emma finished her tea and placed the cup aside. Killian was lost in thoughts. He held off giving Emma the gift he bought her and now that everything between them was fine he wanted to give it to her...

"Swan?" Killian asked, clearing his throat.

"What's wrong?" The princess asked, once again facing him.

"Nothing love." He responded by taking her hand.

"I have a gift for you." He continued on.

"Oh really? What's the occasion?" Emma teased with a smile.

"Does there need to be an occasion for me to show you I love you?" Killian responded nervously, looking down.

"I suppose not, you don't need to buy me things to tell me you love me though... you could just say it." She responded, getting his attention.

"I know, but this seems better..." The captain responded, pulling the ring out of his pocket.

"Killian I-" Emma started, taking her hand back.

"Not like that, Swan." He interrupted, knowing she would get the wrong idea.

"Oh..." She responded, slightly embarrassed at her assumption.

"When we docked on that island, there was a jewelry shop, and I know you're not one for jewelry but I found this and I thought it would go good with your necklace." He continued on, handing her the ring in her hand.

"Well, it's beautiful Killian, thank you." She said, wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

"I know we don't always see eye to eye and our future is uncertain, but I want you to know that no matter what happens... I love you and I always will." Killian said, nervous for her response as he held her in his arms.

    "I love you too, always." Emma said, looking up at him, giving him a kiss on his lips.

She placed the ring on her ring finger and held it up smiling. Killian was glad he could make her happy, it made him happy. When she returned to her home in Misthaven their future together was uncertain. He already knew his reputation would set him back in any forms of first impressions to her parents and the kingdom. No matter how nice the letter from Emma's parents seemed, he knew he had to prove his worth the moment they entered her kingdom's waters.