Chapter 31

A month later...

Killian felt like he got more rest in the past few weeks than he did in his entire life. His wound had healed up pretty quick since he was ordered to stay in bed by Emma, she put a guard on watch to make sure he wouldn't leave his room and didn't spend too much time walking around his large room. Killian didn't like being confined to a single room regardless of how big the room was, so Emma often brought a book for him to read when she couldn't keep him company. But today he would be allowed to leave the room and the princess planned to walk with him in the garden, something she had planned for them to do since their arrival in Misthaven but hadn't had a chance to until now.

Killian quickly got dressed in his red vest and leather pants, topped with his heavy black leather coat. He truly looked like a pirate now. The Queen had given him a few nicer outfits for him to wear, or blend in, but he fancied his pirate outfits better and so did Emma. He did however keep the nicer clothes in case it would be needed, and it would be rude to reject such a generous gift from the Queen... After he got dressed he left his room and the guard and made his way to the garden to wait for Emma, who was currently in a meeting with her parents.

Once Killian arrived at the garden he felt more tired than expected so he took a seat on a nearby bench. Moments later his princess arrived looking more gorgeous than ever. She wore a simple long white dress topped with a white cloak. Her cheeks were slightly red, matching her soft lips. Her eyes matched the color of the grass surrounding them, bright green. Her hair had slight waves and looked so soft. The pirate never got tired of seeing her.

    "Sorry, I'm late." Emma said out of breath, taking a seat next to Killian.

    "It's alright Swan." He responded with a smile, rubbing her back.

    "So what do you think?" She asked, referring to the garden.

    "Almost as beautiful as you..." Killian said, staring at his princess making her blush.

    "Anyways, My mother got a letter back from Arendelle." Emma responded, cheeks still red.

    "And what did the ice queen say?" The pirate responded in a serious tone.

    "The queen's name is Elsa, and she said she'd love to help me learn to control my magic." Emma said with an unsure smile.

    "When do we leave?" Killian asked, overlooking her awkward smile.

    "I leave a few days after my birthday ball." The princess responded, looking away.

    "What do you mean, I'm taking you to Arendelle on the Jolly Roger?" He questioned.

    "About that... my parents aren't so sure that's a good idea..." She responded, looking down.

    "You mean your father." Killian responded slightly upset.

    "My mother is trying to talk to him about it since we've traveled together before." She responded, now looking at his upset face, trying to make him feel better.

    "You mean when you were a prisoner on my ship, that doesn't exactly help my case, Swan." He said getting up and walking over to the nearby fountain.

    "You and I both know I was never a prisoner. I wanted to be there with you." Emma responded seriously, following him.

    "Your father will never see me as nothing more than just a pirate who kidnapped you." He responded quietly.

    "And I don't care what he thinks. He promised me I get to choose who I love and I choose you." She responded, grabbing his hand, making him face her.