Chapter 69

One week later...

It was now the day of their departure and the sun was shining brightly into Emma and Killian's room. With it being their last morning in Arendelle and Emma was more than thrilled to be going home. Killian on the other hand was dreading it. Sure, he made the journey home longer than needed, but once they arrived back in Misthaven, the truth would be revealed...

The captain got up out of bed and covered Emma's bare body with their thin blanket. He admired how her skin glowed in the morning sunlight and her long golden locks draped over her shoulders, hiding the rest of her from him. He peaked over to her side of the bed where her ripped nightgown laid. Killian smiled to himself at the thought of how it became ripped, and more so the thought of how Emma ended up without clothing on in bed...

As the shirtless captain chuckled to himself a bit more, he found his black shirt and put on before someone walked in on them both naked. It was no secret that the two were intimate, but no one in this damn castle knew how to knock, with exception to a few kind servants. Even when they did knock, it was often followed by them just barging in. Anna being the biggest culprit.

He thought of waking Emma to tell her to get dressed but decided to let her sleep. After all, last night was exhausting... Nonetheless, he gathered their scattered items throughout the room and placed the last of their trunks outside their room door for the servants to take down to the docks. At the docks he would meet up with his crew who had been gathering supplies they would need for their long journey home. Captain Jones didn't plan on making port for a month, maybe longer depending on how supplies lasted. All the more to keep Emma safe.

The sound of Emma's tired grumbles caused Killian to turn his head to the tired princess, "Good morning, love." He said with a smile, making his way over to her.

The princess pulled the covers up over her body, suddenly embarrassed of her appearance, "We're leaving this afternoon." She remembered with a smile as Killian sat beside her.

"Aye." He responded, gently rubbing her arm, "I'm afraid you're another gown short..." He announced, showing her the ripped nightgown.

"Noooo." She whined as she sat up and took it from his hands, "I told you to stop ripping them."

Killian let out a scoff, "That's not what you said last night." He teased, "Besides, I thought you would prefer wearing my shirts to bed once back on the Jolly Roger."

"I do." Emma agreed, tossing the gown aside, "But I can't wear your clothing when we return home."

"Aye..." The captain acknowledged, now feeling bad, "Go into town and pick some more out before we depart." He suggested, getting up from the bed and grabbing a bag of coins, "And get anything else your heart desires." He said placing the sack next to her.

She rolled her eyes, "Alright. Should I get the silk or cotton ones?"

He gave her a questionable look, "Have I ever cared what you wear?" He asked, "I prefer you in nothing... much like right now." He stated seductively as he leaned in for a kiss.

The princess playfully pushed him away, "Someone is going to come in soon, I need to get dressed." Emma said getting out of bed and putting on a nearby dress she picked out the night before, "Is the crew ready to leave?" She asked as she got dressed.

Killian cleared his throat as he watched his love get dressed. How dare she think he could focus on more than one thing while looking at her, "Aye." He said looking away, "They should already be on the ship, ready to raise the anchor. Anyone not there when we're ready to leave will be left behind."

"I apologize for cutting their fun short." She said, taking a seat on his lap now fully dressed, "A week isn't long enough to get all their affairs in order, nor gather enough supplies."

He placed a comforting hand on her waist, "Think nothing of it, Swan." He answered, "The rules when we got here were to be ready to leave when we are. Supplies are no concern of yours."

Emma nodded her head, more than aware of her position on the ship. She made the demands, they followed. Before either of them could get a word in, their bedroom door swung open, "Oh good you're up!" Anna beamed happily, letting herself in the room.

Killian rolled his eyes, annoyed at her poor manners. Emma nudged him in an effort to fix his attitude, "Anna, you can't just walk into their room!" Kristoff said out of breath as he ran after his fiance.

"He's one to talk..." Killian mumbled, resulting in another nudge from Emma.

"It's quite alright." Emma said, walking over to hug her friends, "Is something the matter?"

"No no." Kristoff responded.

"I wanted to make sure you got breakfast before you guys leave." Anna shrugged her shoulders innocently.

"That's very sweet." Emma smiled, "After breakfast, I need to head into town to get a few more nightgowns. Would you like to come?" She asked Anna, "Elsa can come as well."

The Princess of Arendelle had a puzzled expression, "Well sure, but don't you have over a dozen?"

"She did." Killian said with a sour attitude and crossed arms. He was still upset over them barging in, even if they weren't doing anything that shouldn't be seen.

Anna turned her head to the captain with a smile, "What happened to them?" She asked cluelessly.

Kristoff was first to notice the ripped one on the bed and already knew the rest, "It's probably best we don't know, Anna." He said, walking over to her and trying to lead her out the room, "Let's give them a few moments alone and they can meet us for breakfast."

"Do you know something?" Anna asked with enthusiasm as they left the room.

Emma laughed as she made her way back to her captain, "Why must you be so rude?"

The sound of her laughter calmed him in unexplainable ways, "I may be a pirate, but even I have more manners than her."

"She means no harm." The princess responded, placing a quick kiss on his cheek, "Besides, we both know you're going to miss her."

"Aye, but not anytime soon." He laughed.

For the first time, it hit Emma that she was leaving her friends and the place she'd call home for the past year. They had all treated her so well and the kingdom's people were more than welcoming to her, Killian, and his entire crew. There were many tiring days spent here, but more good than bad. She would miss her meals with Anna and her constant rambling. She would miss Elsa and her constant helping hand. She would miss Kristoff and his kind, but mainly patient, nature towards Killian. She would even miss Sven who always provided a good laugh.

She wanted to go home more than ever, but she would miss her friends dearly. She might not see them for a long time to come. Maybe not until Anna and Kristoff's wedding if her parents wouldn't attend... If they did attend she would have to stay behind to run the kingdom but mainly stay safe if anything were to happen to her parents out at sea. For all she knew, she was the only heir to the thrown...

I apologize for a shorter chapter than usual :(

A lot of fun is coming up as they head back out to sea, so stay tuned!

We will see Emma become more suspicious of why her parents aren't asking her to come home and what Killian does to ease her mind!

Thank you for reading <3