Chapter 35

David watched as his wife and daughter stood on the deck of the Jolly Roger, Killian was sailing them away from the port. He didn't mean for his wife and daughter to come along, he knew it was dangerous. The sensible side of him told him to tell them to go home but his stubborn side thought this would be the perfect moment to prove that Killian was incapable of taking care of his daughter. Sure there were moments where he didn't mind Killian, but the pirate was taking his daughter from him. Emma no longer came to her father for anything, in fact, they've had more disagreement in the time Killian has been there than they've had in all of Emma's life... If he could make Snow or even Emma see that Killian was incapable of taking care of anyone but himself, then his daughter would always stay with him.

    "The ship looks absolutely stunning." Snow said looking around, trying to make conversation.

    "Oh mother, Killian has redone nearly everything on the ship!" Emma said with a smile. "Just wait till you see the captain's quarters."

    "These sails seem dirty..." David interrupted as he inspected the ship, "And these planks need to be replaced, wouldn't want to catch your foot in one of those..." He continued on, trying to find as many faults as he could.

    "I assure you, everything is new, your majesty." Killian responded with a straight face, upset that his hard work was being dismissed.

    "Emma, why don't you show me your room." Her father said.

    "Um... okay..." She said nervously.

Both Emma and Killian became nervous as they made their way below deck to the captain's quarters. Soon enough they were there...

    "Are you a big reader?" Snow asked, referring to the many books Killian had.

    "Aye, a bit. Typically just to learn about new places." Killian responded, making his way over to the book. "Many of these are books that Emma likes."

    "How very thoughtful." Snow responded with a smile.

    "Daddy look, Killian made the small bed over there into a reading nook for me. Isn't that lovely?" Emma pushed, trying to fix her father's attitude.

    "I suppose darling." The King responded with a straight face as he walked through the cabin, "What's your journal still doing here?" He asked, making his way over to the desk.

    "Oh, I don't know... Must have forgotten it." Emma responded in a lie, she purposely left it there to keep it away from prying eyes.

    "I'll gladly return it to the castle." He said, picking it up, "Since someone couldn't seem to do it early..." David said under his breath, referring to Killian.

    "So, Killian, this is your cabin?" Snow asked.

    "Aye..." The Captain responded slowly, uncertain if she approved of them sharing a room.

    "And where is your room, Emma?" The Queen asked.

    "You're standing in it mother..." Emma responded, looking down.

    "Oh." Snow responded in shock with her eyebrows raised, "So where's your bed then?"

    Emma walked over the door by the desk, "In here."

    "So you two share a room, good to know." Snow responded with a half-smile, not sure what to think.

    "You share a bed with my daughter?" David asked Killian in a loud tone, trying to scare him.

    Emma knew Killian wouldn't know how to handle the situation, "Daddy no, Killian used to sleep on the reading nook over there and I would sleep in here." She said, partly lying.