Chapter 11

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter includes a scene where the man in the picture forces himself onto a woman. Nothing is too graphic and nothing actually happens, but if you do not wish to read that section it is stared off (*). The stars are bold and italicized. 

Killian woke to the sun shining through the window above Emma's bed. She was still asleep. Killian remained in bed a little longer than intended staring at his princess. The sun shined on her, making her look like an angel. Her hair looked gold in the sunlight, strands all over the place, her face red from sleep. She was still hugging the pillow and his black shirt on her made him fall even more in love.

He decided to let her sleep in, knowing these beds were much more comfortable than the Jolly Roger's one. He quietly got dressed for the day and decided to surprise her with some breakfast in bed before they spent another long day shopping.

He took one last glance at her and left...

Emma soon woke up to find herself alone in the room. She didn't think much of it and turned over, assuming Killian was doing something of importance and would be back soon to wake her. She was about to fall back asleep when she heard the doorknob move. She turned back over to face the door, expecting to see Killian... To her surprise, it was the stable boy that gave her and Killian the horse the night before...

****************************************************

"What are you doing here?" Emma asked in a panic, rising up in the bed.

"Hush! This will be quick if you don't scream." the thin man responded.

"You need to leave!" Emma said louder, panic all in her tone.

"Be quiet, or I'll kill you... just cooperate..." He said approaching her.

The stable boy hovered over Emma and brought up a hand, grabbing a piece of her hair, playing with it.

"My, you are a prize... I saw you with that pirate. I can treat you much better than him. And I will." He said, forcing himself on top of her.

Emma's mind was racing, she didn't know what to do. She desperately wanted Killian to come and save her, she also knew she couldn't leave it up to chance. She had to do something and quickly... "anything can be used as a weapon" her father and Killian's voice rang in her head. The princess looked around the room... a pillow, a picture frame, a lantern... Emma yanked the lantern off the nearside bed table as the man began undoing his pants. He reached for her shirt, ready to lift it. Before Emma could even think, she bashed the lantern into the stable boy's head, making him fall to the floor wincing in pain.

"I'll make you regret that, you wench!" He said on the floor holding his head.

Emma got out of the bed and went over to the other side of the room, lantern still in her hand.

"Forcing yourself upon a lady is bad form, mate!" Killian said appearing at the door, shoving Emma behind him.

****************************************************

    "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't feed you to the mermaids." Killian said, voice full of fury as he grabbed the man by his shirt collar.

"C-c-captain... I didn't know she was yours, truly!" The man lied, wincing in fear.

"I assure you, you will pay." Killian said, banging the man's head against the wooden bed frame until he was knocked out.

For the first time Emma saw the darker side of Killian, it matched the tales she heard of a ruthless man... she didn't care. She was glad he came to her rescue, sure she could defend herself, but to kill a man was something she didn't think she was capable of.