Chapter 66

The next morning...

Emma was woken by Killian's moving body. He was currently trying to detangle himself from her embrace, never being one to sleep in past the sunrise. Letting him go, she watched as his slender body rose from the bed and headed over to their large window. He must have not known she was awake, and nor did she bother to say anything. The princess just wanted to watch him for a few minutes while her body continued to wake up. 

Emma squinted her eyes from the morning sun as Killian continued to look out the window. No doubt in her mind was he staring at his beloved ship and taking in the view of the morning sea... She watched as he reached for his red vest on a nearby chair and placed it over his typical black blouse. He then proceeded to put on his holster before grabbing his sword. The captain always had a sword on him, a habit he developed as a pirate but Emma knew he was more cautious about always having some sort of weapon nearby to protect her.

    Killian turned his head back to the princess's direction, finding her awake. Emma was taken away by him memorizing blue eyes, she always thought they were bluer than the sea itself. He smiled and made his way over to her and sat on her side of the bed, placing his hand on her waist, "Did I wake you again?" He asked all too knowingly.

    The princess smiled as sleep still fogged her brain, "It's just something about you leaving the bed that doesn't feel right."

    "I think I can fix that." He said as she slowly moved over, allowing him to sit more comfortably next to her. Emma laid her head on his lap and he rested his back against the headboard of the bed, "Any thoughts about last night?" He questioned cautiously as he ran his finger through her hair.

    The princess let out a deep breath, "I've made a decision." She responded calmly, "I think we should stay two weeks more, then depart."

    Killian nodded his head in agreement. It was more than enough time to bid farewell and he could still go through with his plans with Kristoff. Two weeks would be long enough for him to rechart their course home and he could send the crew to gather supplies that they would need on their further journey, "Aye, love. That sounds perfect."

    "I thought about it and there isn't much more Elsa can teach me." She proclaimed, "Or shall I say, she's done enough and any further magic is just something I have to figure out on my own."

    "Aye." The captain continued to agree, "When you return home, Regina will be there to help you."

    Emma laughed as she finally sat up, "Do you consider what I'm doing rude?"

    Killian looked at her puzzled, "What? Wanting to go home?"

    "Yeah." She nodded.

    "No." He uttered, pulling her close, "We've been here for quite some time now and the journey home will be long." He reminded her, "You need to get home and attend to your kingdom. I'm sure the queen, as well as everyone else, will understand."

The princess knew the captain was right, but she felt sadness creep over her at the thought of leaving her friends. Truth be told, she didn't have many friends. Most of her friends she had come to know through her parents and often felt that it was more of an arranged friendship where both parties knew they had to be civil with one another. Even Neal, who she truly did think of as a friend, had been hand chosen for her. However, being friends with Anna, Elsa and Kristoff was her choice. And yes, she knew she had Killian and he was definitely her best friend, but he was also her romantic partner and sometimes she just needed a friend. Someone she could tell something to without it turning into a lecture or causing great concern...

After a long cuddle session, the two finished getting dressed before meeting up with everyone in the dining hall to discuss the day's events and announce their departure. The first to greet the couple was no other than Anna with her jovial attitude followed by Kristoff and Elsa. Midway through the meal an attendant came in and handed the queen what seemed to be many letters...