Chapter 67

One week later in Anna's bedroom...

Everything for the upcoming ball had been prepped and all that needed to be done was the actual setup as well as finding everyone something to wear. Emma was all set thanks to her mother and Killian said he would manage to find something along with Kristoff as they went off on their day's journey up the mountain to pick the early summer flowers. Elsa decided not to worry too much about finding a dress for herself and focused more on Anna, as it was her engagement ball. Emma was currently going through the many dresses Anna had from years past, but none seemed right for this special occasion.

"What about this one?" Anna asked, holding a green ball gown with short sleeves.

Emma scrunched her face, not quite fancying the dress, "I don't know... It kind of washes away your eye color."

The Princess of Arendelle threw herself onto the bed next to Emma and let out a loud groan, "The ball is already planned and I still can't find the perfect dress! I can't go to my own ball and not have a dress." She declared, propping herself up on her elbows.

"I think it's time we got you something new then." Elsa chimed in as she entered the room.

"What do you mean?" Anna asked, "There has to be one I already have that I can wear."

Elsa pulled her sister's arms to get her off the bed, "And as your sister, I want to get you something new." She smiled, "You're only getting one engagement ball."

"Unless I get married again." Anna laughed, "But I think we are in need of a good sister outing."

Emma remained quiet, catching the queen's attention, "Oh, Emma, you must come along. It'll be fun!"

"Yeah, it'll be even more fun if you come." Anna added.

Emma smiled, but felt they only asked because she was sitting right there, "It's alright." She declined with a weak smile, "I've already imposed so much, and besides I already have my dress."

"Em, come on. You know you're like another sister to us." Elsa pushed, "Kristoff and Killian won't return until later today, what will do here by yourself?"

"Take it from me, there isn't much to do here alone." Anna laughed.

The Princess of Misthaven shook her head, "No, really it's fine. I'm a bit tired... I think I'll go lay down, maybe read a book, practice some magic." She stated, making her exit.

"Well, okay." Anna agreed, not thinking much into it, "I'll bring you back some fresh bread from the bakery."

Emma nodded her head with a smile and left the two sisters. As she walked the empty halls of the castle to her room, she felt a wave of loneliness wash over her. Something she hadn't felt since she was younger. The princess admired her two friend's bond with one another. She knew Anna and Elsa weren't always close, but it was clear they adored one another. She thought of how it must be wonderful to have someone share your entire life with you and have a forever best friend, something she longed for. The princess knew she had many people who she could talk to and lean on, but siblings have a special bond. Something she would never experience. Emma always wondered why she never had a sibling. Her parents would always talk about what it would be like to have another little boy or girl running around the palace. They were more than in love and the baby would surely be loved... Not to mention how much help they would receive with taking care of a new baby. Whenever Emma asked her parents why they didn't have another baby they would always say she was enough trouble for them and laughed. She knew it was a joke, but an obvious detour from the question...