Chapter 34

Two days later... 

Killian spent the last two days on his ship, fixing planks, sails, scrubbing the deck and many other minor tasks that his crew used to do. He replenished all the supplies that would be needed while sailing to Arendelle. He even had a few surprises in store for Emma, who had to keep away from the Jolly Roger for the time being. Not that it made a difference, she could easily see him working on his ship from her room in the castle. But his surprise was the renovations below deck. Nothing too drastic, but it was something he was sure would make her smile. He was now on his way to retrieve her from the castle... 

Once he got there he found Emma on the far side of the castle's boundaries in one of her many training outfits, practicing with her bow and arrow. It wasn't her favorite weapon and it showed. She wasn't awful nor great, a sword was definitely more suitable for her. 

    Killian chuckled to himself as he watched Emma get frustrated, "Hello love." He said approaching her.

    Emma dropped her weapon, "Are the renovations done?" She asked with a smile.

    "Aye." He said bring her in for a hug, placing a kiss on her forehead. "Care to go see?" He asked.

    "Of course!" She beamed.

Emma instructed a nearby servant to tell her parents where she would be and soon they were off. Emma was excited to see the changes he made to his ship. She already loved the Jolly Roger and didn't see any need to change anything, but she also knew it was Killian's way of trying to make her feel more comfortable on their long journey.

    "I must say, the deck looks spotless." The princess said as she stepped on board the Jolly Roger.

    "I would hope so, spent nearly a whole day bent over scrubbing the old planks. Even replaced a few." Killian responded with a sour face, remembering the work he did.

    Emma giggled, "New sails I see." She said looking around the ship.

    "New ropes, new barrels... she's practically brand new." He responded following the princess as she walked around.

    "That's certainly new." Emma said referring to a new placed table and chairs on deck.

    "Aye... It's small, but I thought you would like a place to rest so you wouldn't have to stand all day." He said, clearing his throat, "An umbrella will be arriving soon." He continued on.

    "It's lovely." She responded, placing a quick kiss on his lips as a thank you.

    "If you love this, just wait till you see the captain's quarters." Killian responded with a wink, leading her below deck.

The captain's quarters had the most changes. Killian's small bed was now a reading nook for Emma. The bookcase was filled with many new books and some of their favorites. The captain also cleaned up his messy desk, giving it a larger appearance. Emma's journal was the only object on the desk. In the connected room was a bigger bed that they would share. The mattress was new and much more comfortable.  Emma now had a small bedside table for all of her things.

    "Oh my..." Emma said entering their cabin. "Where did you get a new bed and mattress?" She asked.

    "From the castle of course." He responded as if it was obvious.

    "What?" She said in shock, turning around to face him.

    "Pirate." He said gesturing to himself. "Besides, I replaced it with the one in the room your parents gave me. It'll hardly be missed."

    Emma wrapped her arms around Killian, "You really are amazing." She said, leaning in for a kiss.

Killian gladly accepted. He was happy she liked their new room, even if the changes were minor and nothing to get excited over.