Chapter 8: My Magic Is Never Giving Up.

Yuno: He's no damn loser! He is our RIVAL!

Suddenly, Asta gained enough strength and grabbed Salik's foot.

Asta: I am not done yet!

Salik was in total shock when Asta pushed Salik's foot off his shoulder.

Asta: Sorry for the delay guys; I'm going to beat this guy.

Just as he was about to stand up, a large, dark, glowing light shone from the ground. An object began to rise from the ground as we all watched. I squinted as I started to noticed that it was a book. When Asta reached for it, that's when we noticed what the old, black, worn-out book was...

Asta: That's a grimoire?

Yuno: *smiles* I knew it. Asta not being chosen by a grimoire, ridiculous.

As soon as the grimoire was fully out of the light, it flew open. There, a sword was released from the pages within and perfectly placed for Asta to grab it. I can tell Asta was full of different emotions: excitement, confusion, joyfulness, gratitude; Asta was feeling it all. I can only imagine what Asta must be going through at the moment. Salik couldn't make out anything that was happening and questioned it all.

Salik: What's that sword? His magic? But that is impossible. He has no MAGIC!!

Asta: This sword is heavy but I can handle it.

Salik: What then hell is that?? How the hell is a chump like that doing with such a thing?!

Asta took a chance and leaped towards Salik yelling,

Asta: My Magic Is Not Giving Up!

Asta struck towards Salik.

Salik: My magic has been erased?!

And just like that, the chains vanished causing Yuno to be freed and myself to fall onto my knees as I landed on the ground. Salik yelled in agony as he flew towards the wall causing him to be knocked out. I was breathing heavily as I touched my mouth. I can feel the chains markings around my face and around my wrists. My dress had landed on my lap as I quickly covered myself since I felt horrible about what had happened. I felt disgusted as I was at the brink of crying. Yuno came up to me and kneeled. I was so ashamed and embarrassed about what happened that I couldn't dare look at Yuno. Yuno placed his hand onto my shoulder but before he could say anything, we heard Asta jumping around in total joy and happiness.

Asta: I have no idea where you came from but I have my very own grimoire! You're all beat up but I will take good care of you.

Asta continued on with his self-parade as I wasn't sure what to feel. Just then, Yuno placed his hand on my face and then slid a finger under my chin to turn me towards him. We faced each other but I couldn't make any eye contact.

Yuno: Vanellope...Are you ok?

I shook my head "no" trying my hardest not to start bursting into tears. Yuno was doing his best to comfort me.

Yuno: Whatever you are feeling, I hope you know you shouldn't be feeling that way. It wasn't your fault and I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you.

I finally looked at Yuno.

Yuno: Please don't let some punk ass loser affect you in any way. You are better than anyone and you deserve to always be happy Vanellope. What happened can't be taken back but I'm happy that nothing worse happened. Don't let him control you or your emotions, you can overcome it and I will help you the best way I can.

Yuno hugged me very tightly as I let myself cry a little. My tears soaked his shirt and Yuno stroked my back.

Yuno: Please continue to wait for me to get stronger and I promise to keep trying to protect you. Just like Asta.

I finally hugged him back and said between my crying.

Me: I'll continue to wait for you Yuno. I hope that I can protect you as well and be someone you can always rely on.

Yuno held me tighter and said nothing.

[I don't know what Yuno is thinking most of the time due to his calm demeanor as well as his "poker facial expression". But there are those moments where Yuno can be an open book and let me read those thoughts of his. The last few days he has said more deep and serious things than he usually has. I want him to always open up to me like he has and I can hopefully one day tell him how I feel.]

We let go and smiled to one another.

Yuno: There's that smile. I promise you will be ok.

Me: Thank you...for everything Yuno. I'm very thankful that you're not judging me.

Yuno: Never.

Yuno got up and offered his hand to me. I accepted it as he helped me to my feet as Asta was hugging his grimoire. I couldn't help but keep smiling.

[Asta deserves the best and he finally has a grimoire. His very own grimoire.]

I dusted myself off while Yuno helped me get some stuff out of my hair. We finished and walked towards Asta and Yuno commented,

Yuno: looks like you saved us again.

Me: Yeah Asta, one day we will repay our debt.

Yuno: Asta, do you remember our promise?

Asta: *smirks* I was starting to think you forgot.

Yuno: How can I forget such an impactful pledge?

We crossed our fists and smiled.

All: Let's see who will become the Wizard King!