Chapter 28: My Best Girl!

Mimosa: *excited* What do you think?

Me: It's definitely something I've never tried but it's as tasty as it looks.

I took another bite of this very colorful fruit tart cake and it was delicious.

Mimosa brought me to this very cute but extremely private cafe that had such a foreign feel to it. Neutral colors blended ever so smoothy with the pink and yellow pastels. Plants scattered around the area while wooden furniture and window sills brought a mature feeling to the restaurant. The sounds of water flowing through the ceramic fountain outside on the patio brought "peace" to my ears as I felt very relaxed and safe here. It was quite a lovely place for two girls to enjoy a small meal with some tea or coffee. Although, the only reason I was able to come in was because Mimosa was royalty. Only royals can enter here and enjoy this small but exquisite location.

Mimosa: *looking at list* Once we are finished here: I'd love for us to "shop til' we drop"! *giggles to self* and then we get medi-pedis! It'll be so great, since our feet and hands will be hurting from all the walking and holding our shopping bags!

I was mixing around my drink in deep thought; not really paying attention to what Mimosa was saying.

[I was being extremely inconsiderate. I'm being rude towards Mimosa by ignoring her and thinking about Yuno while all she wants is to be with me. I have to apologize to her.]

Mimosa: Vanellope? You always seem to be absent from "our world". Is something the matter?

I didn't react until she reached over and stopped my hand from stirring my drink. My eyes popped open and I stood up straight with my mouth barely open. She was concerned about me and it showed on her face.

I felt bad.

Me: Mimosa...I'm so, I'm so sorry. I was thinking about something but I'm kk. Thank you for worrying about me.

Mimosa: You know, you can always count on me for anything. I want us to be more than just comrades.

I smiled warmly at her.

Me: Mimosa. I want to apologize again. You've been so kind, joyful and excited about this day as well as cheerful throughout our time so far and I've been worrying about myself. I don't want to hurt you in anyway way at all; even if it's very minimal. Can you forgive me?

Mimosa: You're so kind Vanellope. I accept your apology and don't worry, I just don't get mad at people for something so small.

Me: That's good to know but, can I be honest about something?

Mimosa: Yes. Of course.

Me: I have no idea how to be friends with girls. I've literally only ever been friends with Yuno and this other boy from our home that I ended up acting like a total tom-boy.

Mimosa: *sips tea* I see. Can I also be honest? I think you are so lucky. I never had any kind of friends other than my narcissistic older brother who tends to be over baring with everything and anything. No one ever cared about me as a friend but only had me around because I am royalty. *places cup down* I guess, I'm just like you since I too have no idea how to be friends with a girl either.

I looked at her stunned and had no words to say.

[Being a royal seems like it's a lot of work emotionally. Not everyone is kind and loving towards them but use them for their own advantages. Poor Mimosa. Maybe being friends with me and eventually friends with Yuno and Asta can show her what it's like to be loved for who you are rather than what you are. She can understand how it is to be supported by those around her.]