Chapter 66: "...romantically linked?"

Me: *Fixing Papers* Done. *quick scan* Now to turn this in.

I got up from my desk as I had just finished with my very detailed report about the invasion.

{To be honest, it was extremely difficult to complete. I'll admit, I did have a breakdown while trying to recall the details of the whole ordeal. Luckily with the support I have, myself in my room and Yuno across the hall, I was able to relax and get this paper done.}

[Although I have so many people who care about me, I want to forget it all; the walking dead, the passing of a father and other civilians, the disaster, the endless flames, screams, monsters, corpses, and of course...]

I shook my head from the thoughts and spoke to myself,

Me: Come on Vannellope, you got this.

While I was putting the forms in a crisp large envelope, knocking was heard from my bedroom door.

*knock, knock , knock*

Me: Come in!

The door opened following the most pleasant sound.

Yuno: You finished?

Me: *sigh* I did. *faces Yuno* It was a little hard to bring it all together but...it's complete for the most part.

Yuno came up to me and looked at my stuff. He placed his hand on my back and rubbed it gingerly.

Yuno: I understand. It was a day that tested us in every way possible but, I am proud of you that you were able to get it done.

Me: Thank you.

Yuno looked at me and smiled.

Yuno: Come on. Let's get this turned in.

Me: Right.

Suddenly, *chimes* filled my ears when I looked over to see Belle. She flew to me and gave me a kiss on my cheek. Giggling, I "answered" her.

Me: Good morning to you as well, Belle.

Belle chimed so loudly in joy.

Yuno: She truly does like you.

Me: I really like her too but I due wonder why when I just formally met her yesterday.

Belle flew to Yuno and sat comfortably on his shoulder.

Yuno: I was thinking, after we turn these reports in, I was wanting to make this day Belle's official birthday and I'd be honored if you can be a part of the celebration Vannellope.

Me: "Honored"? *giggles* But of course, *proper* the invitation is accepted humbly by your fellow comrade. *bows*.

Yuno: *laughs* Stop it.

Me: *chuckles* I'd love to join you, Yuno! We should bake her a cake.

Yuno: Can I lick the spoon?

Me: *playful* You are such a child. But yes, you can lick the spoon.

*Time Later*

We stood outside our captains office as we both took a deep breath knowing we would have to discuss some of the challenges we faced. Even if he knows about what I was dealing with.

Yuno: *comforting* You got this.

Me: *nods* Ok. Thank you, Yuno.

Yuno: Of course.

Yuno looked up and knocked on the large mahogany door.

William: *from inside* Please enter.

Yuno opened the door and gestured me to enter before him.