Chapter 52: "The Walking Dead".

~*(The Northern District)*~

*Galloping*

While we rode around, I could feel the mana surrounding us in which it was completely unbalanced. There's no way Leopold and I can identify where the strongest mana is or where it can be coming from. Ultimately, we ended up using Asta's idea and just go to where it's loudest. Using my ability to hear the sound waves in the air, I was able to detect the pandemonium that I can follow. Quickly, I directed Epona to the left of the road and yelled,

Me: This Way! I can feel the strongest sound waves!

Leopold gave me the strangest look and raised an eyebrow, almost questioning my full being.

Leopold: You can "feel" sound waves?

Me: Yes. I am able to feel and select certain sounds in the air; Also, I can send and receive sounds in which I choose. For instance, I can send you a "speak message" and you can just speak while I choose to selectively hear your voice.

Leopold: *amazed* Wow! What type of magic do you have?

Me: Elemental Magic. Because of the type of magic I have, I do my hardest to learn about the natural elements of the world. In this case, I've learned to master the sounds in the air and control it to my best ability.

Asta leaned into Leopold and said proudly.

Asta: She's kewl huh?

Me: *smiles* Thanks Asta.

Leopold: *loud laugh* Looks like I have chosen a remarkable rival!

Me: *nervous chuckle* Uhhh, yeah sure.

We started getting extremely close to the ruckus and seen...

Me: people attacking people?

[No. This isn't right. These "people" don't act, walk, talk or even sound like humans. What are these things? They're....terrifying.]

When the "unknown" took sight of us, it stopped it's attention on the civilian and began coming straight for us. Without any warning, Asta leaped off of Epona and slashed the creature. I gasped as I yelled at Asta.

Me: ASTA!! What if it was a human??

Asta: It wasn't human. You even questioned it. Besides, I can sense it's "Ki" and it wasn't human.

Me: *madly confused* "Ki"? What the hell is that?

Asta: Captain Yami taught me what it is.

Me: Huh...it must come in handy.

Asta: You wouldn't believe how much it's helped me.

Out of nowhere, Leopold yelled out impatiently.

Leopold: Enough chit-chatting!! Let's fight!!

Leopold leaped off and joined Asta on foot as they began destroying these things while I stood on Epona. Using Epona to my advantage, I used her to stomp the "unknowns" and attack them with my attack spells. However, while fighting, I saw how smooth and swiftly Asta moved while destroying these menacing monsters. When it finally seemed to end, an actual individual came up. They had purple hair, velvet worn-out clothing and an eye-patch covering his eye. He was yelling at a helplessly terrified child. The child was crying and trembling as the man in purple smirked when they saw Asta.

Purple Guy: I knew a magic knight would show up but a Black Bull?? Really??

Asta: Get away from her you psycho! She's just a kid!

Purple Guy: What do you think you can do with a giant rusted sword?! *cackling*

Curiosity flushed over the purple enemy as he asked Asta.