Chapter 35: Yuno, Please Go.

Diamond Mage: Be gone.

[I have to do something! Mimosa seems to be getting better but she is still unable to fight. Yuno is at his breaking point while Klaus is down with a sprained ankle. Then it hit me quicker than the diamond mage's attack could.]

Me: Yuno, hold me from behind.

Yuno: Why?

Me: Hugging me from behind will free my hands so that one hand can focus on healing you as well as use the other to use a spell that hasn't been used since I was a child.

Yuno nodded and complied to my request. Yuno wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his head on my right shoulder. I couldn't help but feel flustered and super shy. Yuno may be taller than me but his proportions fit my body perfectly.

[I can't get this way right now. Like My Gawd Vanellope! Get It Together!! We Are In A Life-And-Death Situation Here!]

Me: *takes a deep breath* Hold on tight Yuno.

Yuno: *whisper* I will.

The warmth from his panting breath and the sounds of his voice flowed magically into my ear which made me quiver. Yuno then proceeded to tighten his hold onto me and make himself comfortable. I swallowed nervously as I tried to keep myself together.

[Now focus. You haven't had a reason to use this spell since that dreadful day back in Odelawn. I should still be able to use it and this time, I'll make it my own and save my friends!]

The power within me began to rise and I shown brightly along with my grimoire. Building up, I got in a strong stance and yelled out.

Me: ELEMENTAL MAGIC: BRILLIANT FAMILY JEWEL!!

Just in the nick of time, an enormously thick and powerful wall was created that instantly blocked the attack from the diamond mage. As it continued to grow, it beautifully formed around Klaus, Mimosa, Yuno and I. The "shield" finished forming as it came to an end leaving a "igloo" like dome around us all. Klaus was left speechless and Mimosa watched in "awe" and stared at the jewel like force field. I was sorta impressed by the outcome of this spell. I hadn't used it and yet it's become such a great asset for me and my magic knight comrades. I had a lot more control of my magic this time which I thank Yuno for all the training he has done with me.

Me: This should give us more time to make a plan and help us regain some mana.

Klaus: *still shocked* Incredible.

I was helping Yuno sit down but for some reason, he wouldn't let me go. Blushing slightly, I felt him squeeze me just a little tighter than before which then caused my face to match the color scheme of a tomato! As much as I want to stay this way with Yuno, I don't want to make it seem I'm desperate for him....

......but I kinda am.

[I can't believe I admitted that!]

Without a word, Yuno slowly began to let go as he lifted his head off my shoulder. I helped him find his footing and eventually, he sat on the ground. I answered Klaus while helping Yuno get down.

Me: Thank you, Sir.

Once Yuno sat down, he looked at me and smiled as if telling me "thank you" and for the first time, I smiled at him as I patted his head; Just like he does for me. Yuno was left confused with a hint of blush on his cheeks from my gesture and I had to turn away before he could see me smile stupidly by his super cute reaction. However, Klaus speaking brought us back to reality.

Klaus: Although it is unbelievable that a commoner is protecting a noble, I'm delighted to know you're willing to still protect someone whose insulted you and your loved ones.