Chapter 26: The "Talk".

[Since we are finally able to rest, I can talk to Yuno about what he said yesterday. Woah! I just realized we haven't slept in over 24 hours! Should I even talk to Yuno? He must be tired, I mean he did do most of the work on this mission. Yuno needs to relax while the rest of us do too since we could randomly be called for another mission and...]

Yuno: Lost in thought again?

Me: *surprised* Huh??

Yuno: *quiet chuckle* Come on, let's go to our rooms.

Yuno began to walk ahead but I put my head down and reached for his shirt. He stopped and looked back at me concerned.

Yuno: What's wrong?

Me: Can we talk about yesterday?

I waited for his response. It was quiet for a few moments when I looked up at him.

Me: Yuno?

Yuno: Let's talk in my room. It'll be more secure there.

I nodded as I quietly followed beside him. About 15 minutes passed as we finally got to the outside of our rooms. Yuno opened the door. He stepped in while I walked in right after. Looking around, his room was still as neat as it was when we first came in here. I walked towards his bed and sat down. Yuno sat on the other side while we both kicked off our boots. As soon as our boots hit the ground, I threw myself onto the bed with a sigh full of tiredness. My feet ached in total soreness. I can feel them beat rapidly from the painful blisters.

[A nice soak in cold water should reduce the swelling and the redness.]

Yuno stuck his hand out towards me and asked,

Yuno: Can you give me your cape? I'll hang it with mine in my closet.

I nodded silently as I got up and took off my cape. When I took it off, my nerves began to get the best of me.

[I'm started to get fearful about this talk. I really hope it goes well and *gives Yuno cape* we are back to our normal selves. I just have to get this done. I can't let this go!]

Yuno was hanging our cloaks as I stared out his balcony looking at the shining moon.

[You got this Vanellope. Just come out and say it.]

Me: Yuno...

He came out the closet and closed the door. Yuno turned around and crossed his arms waiting for me to continue.

Me: *sigh* what did you mean when you asked if I'd leave you? Also, you seemed a little off before we got to the mission. Yeah, we were fine afterwards but I couldn't get this out of my head. Please, just tell me the truth. Am I Holding You Back From Getting Stronger?

Yuno placed his hand on his chin and thought tentatively about everything I just told him. He bent his head down and let out a sigh. Walking towards his bed, he began to talk.

Yuno: I won't lie to you Vanellope. I never have and never will. The truth is, *sits down* that I am scared you will leave. I've always been by your side and if you left, I'd feel like I couldn't be myself. You help me keep a peace of mind. There hasn't been a day were you and I have been apart since you came to Hage Village. I just got really uncomfortable about the idea that it affected my mood. I do want to apologize for worrying you. That's the least I want to do.

Me: Oh...Yuno. I had no idea. *smiles* It's good to know your not sick of me.

Yuno: Never.

Me: Well then, what about holding you back?

Yuno: On the contrary, you help me get stranger. Because we train so much, I get a chance to polish my spells and your a very strong opponent so I have to push myself. The results of that is I get mentally and physically capable of fighting anyone I come across. *smirks* I still can't forget that you are my rival and I will be the Wizard King.

Me: *giggles* It's good to hear that our promise and rivalry is lasting.

I got quiet and asked in a normal but serious tone.

Me: Can I also be honest?

Yuno: Sure.

Me: I was very nervous about the outcome of this conversation. But, I am extremely relieved. Yuno, thank you for this. I hope you know that I feel the same way about you. You endlessly inspire me to do my best, just like the way Asta has towards us. *snarky* Too bad though since I am gona be the Wizard King, not you.

Yuno: No way!

We both laughed.

Yuno: Out of curiosity, since your cape says "secret member of the Black Bulls"...does that mean you saw Asta?

Me: I did! It felt so good to see him again. We haven't been able to see him in over 2 months and it was awesome to see a familiar face. Not to mention, I met two other members of the Black Bulls. They were both extremely kind and one of them was even royalty, can you believe that??

Yuno: Really? Royalty in the Black Bulls. They're literally at the bottom.

Me: I know right! However, she did come off a bit snobbish at first but she warmed up to me. The other member let me call her "Big Sis". She was the one who fixed my cape.

Yuno: *impressed* Wow. You definitely have a way to get people to get attached you you quickly. You had that affect on me when we first met as children. I was super shy and afraid of people: I was only comfortable with the people at the church.

Me: I mean, I have no idea why people get comfortable with me when all I do is be myself.

Yuno: Which is a great quality in you. Don't ever change Vanellope.

Me: *teethy smile* I definitely don't plan to.

Suddenly, I began to yawn. I can feel my body begin to take its toll.

Me: Welp, looks like I'm gona head out to my room.

Yuno: Ok. You can leave your stuff in here.

Me: kk. I'll get it in the morning.

Yuno: I'll take it so don't worry.

Me: *laughs* you always do that.

Yuno: Do what?

Me: Oh nothing. Goodnight Yuno.

Yuno: Goodnight Vanellope.

I walked out of his room and went into mine. While I was getting ready to shower, I couldn't help but think about our conversation.

[Something about Yuno seems like there is a lot more I don't know about. Was Sister Lily right about Yuno possibly liking me? Did Yuno tell her something that I don't know about? Like, my feelings for Yuno are so powerful that it hurts me inside. What do I do? I really love where Yuno and I are as just friends since it has been nothing but a bliss. I really don't want to ruin it by confessing my love and he doesn't reciprocate the same feelings. If I have to stay silent to keep this peace, then I will do that. I know Yuno loves me as a friend but I doubt he would ever love me the way I love him.]