Chapter 24: "You are a part of this squad."

Me: Here's the skull. *sigh* Takes me back.

Yuno: Sure does. Let's go get Sister Lily. *speaks to Eri* You have to stay quiet, ok Eri?

Eri suddenly stopped, stood still and waited for her next command.

Yuno: Good girl.

The three of us walked in and seen Sister Lily on her knees. She was tied up while the bandit stood above her.

Bandit: Ah! Stop right there!

We stood still as we got ready to fight. Even Eri was ready to attack.

Bandit: Good job you three. Now...

He used his fire magic on the palm of his hand to use it to get extremely close to Sister Lily's face.

Bandit: You wouldn't want to do anything stupid and get the Sister's pretty face burned now, would you?

He let out a loud cackle while we stood by trying to figure out what to do. Then, Yuno spoke up but it was something that felt "off topic" at the moment.

Yuno: Do you remember when we were kids and helping Sister Lily with the laundry?

Me: Uhhh, yeah?

Yuno: She told us that we were pretty talented with magic.

Me: Yuno, I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

Yuno: Sister Lily said if anyone we see is in trouble that we should help them instead of looking the other way.

Me: We promised her we would but I still don't get where you're going with this.

Yuno: Vannellope, listen to me. I did that with you when you were in trouble and you're doing the same by helping Sister Lily. We've subconsciously kept that within us since we started our path in becoming magic knights.

I looked at him with confusion but full of wonder.

[I get it. He's reminding me how Sister Lily has had a huge impact on how we act as magic knights and as people.]

Bandit: Now, hand over those grimoire's. You should be suitably helpless.

Me: What do you plan to do with them?

Bandit: If you don't have your guys's grimoires, the magic knights won't see any reason to keep you two around.

[Honestly, seeing how this is playing out, I wouldn't be surprised if the members of the Golden Dawn are behind this.]

Yuno: Is that what you're after?....And if we won't give them up?

Bandit: Are you refusing?

The bandit's flame grew larger and closer to Sister Lily's face. Yuno took out his grimoire from his pouch. He gestured me to the same. I was a little hesitant but I trusted Yuno. I took it out of my bag and waited.

Bandit: That's what I thought. Hand it over.

Suddenly, a familiar mana was floating around near by. I scanned the area to see where it was coming from but I saw no one in my sight ahead.

[I can sense Mimosa and Klaus, but where are they? Could they be hiding?]

Eri was ready for anything Yuno and I had to tell her. I was going to use her for something I never thought I would need her to do: I was going to have her attack the bandit while we went to save Sister Lily. Thankfully we wouldn't need Eri to get out of her comfort zone as I knew for a fact Klaus was being us.

Yuno: Not happening.

Bandit: Don't you understand? She'll be...

Me: We won't let you hurt her.