Chapter 22: Home.

Throughout the travel towards Hage Village, I occasionally looked over at Yuno while thinking.

[How can girls like Betty treat men that way and get away with it? If it had happened the other way, who knows what kind of crap could've happen. I feel so guilty not having done something for Yuno. He said he was "fine" but it's hard to get over something like that; I mean, like the day we got our grimoire's, that thief, Ravchi, made me feel horrible and disgusted. There's times where I still feel bad about myself.]

Salim: Oh my the skeleton I take it? *flying by* I assume the statue above is of the first Wizard King?

Betty: Let's get past this "history lesson" and find where the church is you two grew up in.

Salim: Now, Now; No need to be impatient.

Me: *rolls eyes* The church is right over there.

As we got close, I saw Sister Lily holding a small basket full of pop-potatoes. My heart immediately felt warm seeing her and the excitement grew everlastingly out of control. Sister Lily took notice of us when we started to land. She let out shaky smile while her eyes began to get glossy.

Sister Lily: Oh My! Yuno! Vanellope! *walks over* Welcome home!

Yuno: *smiles* Hi, Sister.

Me: *runs to her* Sister Lily!

She chuckled as I hugged her. Sister Lily held me very tightly and stroked my hair. We eventually stepped back as she held both my hands.

Sister Lily: Just look at you two, you've grown so much!

Yuno: I haven't changed. How different can we look after 2 months?

Me: I just hope I still look young and not old like father.

Yuno: *chuckles* That's true, he aged fast.

Sister Lily: *sweet smile* Well you two haven't changed in your personalities. But what I mean is your faces, you two look so grown up now. And Vanellope, you're looking more like a beautiful young lady. *whispers in my ear* Maybe you will start attracting more young men like Yuno.

Me: *flustered* Oh, uhhh, what?

Yuno: *curious* what's wrong?

Me: *embarrassed* NOTHING!

Sister Lily: Also, you must be happy to know that Eri and the kids are inside. They went in a little early to eat.

Me: They Are?? I want to see them!

Sister Lily: *gets sad* Ever since you, Yuno and Asta left, Eri lays by the end of the pavement laying down waiting for you three to return. The kids in the church try to play with her but she lays there until sunset.

Yuno: That's heart-wrenching.

Me: *hurt* My poor baby.

Sister Lily: What brings you here?

Yuno: A mission. We're just stopping briefly.

Just then, I heard a voice from one of the children coming from the door way. She gasped as she saw us. Recca called out to Eri and everyone else.

Recca: Everyone! Yuno and Vanellope are home!!

In seconds, Eri walked to the doorway with her ears slumped down. She had looked into our direction but ended up looking away. Suddenly, as if she wanted to make sure what she saw, she whipped her head towards Yuno and I. Eri quickly stood up straight, widened her stance, and perked up her ears. I giggled as I kneeled down and open my arms to her. She dorkingly came running to me with her tongue flapping everywhere. She jumped right into my arms causing me to fall flat on my back. Eri licked me like a bone full of BBQ sauce. Her little happy whimpers filled my heart with joy. I petted her and grabbed her ears flopping them around and talking to her in a "cooing manner". She started sniffing my cape and let out an excited bark.