Chapter 56: My Vannellope.

Me: *in tears screaming* Mimosa!!

My heart ached not knowing what happened to my beautiful best friend. I was crying hysterically as I was in total confusion. I started to aggressively pry myself off of Yuno's grip while he still held onto me. He started getting angry once again.

Yuno: What are you doing??

Me: *crying* I have to find her! We don't know if it killed her!

Yuno: I promise we will but right now I am not risking the same fate for you!

Me: I don't care! I'm the only friend she can count on! She needs me and I need her! What....what if that spell killed her?!

Yuno: It didn't! It was a transporting spell!

Me: How would you know that??

Yuno: I read about it and the mana doesn't feel it could kill anything. I just know it's taken them somewhere but I don't know where.

Me: are you sure??

Yuno: Yes. Mimosa is still alive. I promise!!

The black substance resubmerged as it exposed this dark mana this time, It shot up and almost got Yuno and I. He quickly reacted and took us both into cover while I tucked my face into his chest. As we were taking cover in a near by alley, the black spell arose higher than all the buildings around while Yuno shielded me and continued to protect me. While he was trying to make sure we were safe.....my mind wondered.

[Though I was being an ungrateful idiot, Yuno still protected me as he has always promised he would.]

Yuno: We should be safe here for now but...

Without a word, I got up and hugged him. Yuno was stunned in place as his grip on me loosened up. I quickly shielded us with my spell "Brilliant Family Jewel". We both knelt down to the ground as I still hugged him. The black spell surrounded us but we were protected enough for the dark mana to not get us and take us to an "unknown location". Yuno looked down at me. He hugged me back while I spoke into our hug.

Me: I'm so sorry Yuno. I really am. I promise to tell you everything even if I don't understand what is happening. I know you just want to help me and I should be grateful for that. Please forgive me?

Yuno let me go. He looked at me with a smile and patted my head while speaking.

Yuno: I'll always forgive you, Vanellope.

Me: Yuno, please understand. I'm not sure what's happening to me and I...

The black spell had fully been distinguished when I was cut off by the screams of agony and anguish filling the air. Fear washed over our faces.

Me: Let's talk about this later.

Yuno: You're right. Let's go see what's happening.

I let the shield fall as we flew our way to the sounds of despair. When we arrived, the loud gasp that escaped us echoed in the air.

Me: What...is happening?

Yuno: I...don't know!

Me: It's like, their life source has been sucked out!

Someone suddenly crawled on the ground as they reached for my leg and begged us for help. I panicked and tried my best to heal them back to normal but, it wasn't working!

[Oh no! What do I do?? They're going to die! Why won't my magic work?! It should've helped! I was able to help Asta and the brink of death so why is this not working?? WHY!??!]

There was a loud high pitched voice that caused Yuno and I to clench our teeth from the sheer sound.

???: *super cringe/annoying* OOOO! What fine specimen I've encountered!