Chapter 63: "Must Be Nice To Smile..."

After last night's rollercoaster of "events" and "emotions", I felt accomplished knowing I have some sort of clue about "myself"...

[Or I think it's about me. Whatever, I know something or "something"....Like what in the world is the word "Lucifario" though? Is it a type of spell? Maybe a person? A destination or a place? I just have no idea what it is!]

I collected myself after I finished getting ready and began to head out to meet up with my fellow squad mates. When I met up with everyone, Klaus greeted me.

Klaus: Good morning Vanellope. I do hope it is appropriate to ask about how you are feeling.

Me: Yeah, that's ok. I'm doing just a little better. I still feel bad about what happened yesterday.

Klaus: I understand, you are human after all and it is normal to feel the despair of what it means to be a Magic Knight.

Me: Thank you Klaus, I really appreciate it.

He gave me a nod as he sighed and placed his hand on my shoulder. Mimosa came up shyly as she asked.

Mimosa: Vanellope, can, I...hug you?

Me: You don't need to ask Mimosa. You can do whatever you like.

She did not hesitate and came to me with open arms. Mimosa held me as I hugged her back. Getting hugs from the people you love really do make a difference in your mood. She let me go as her smile spread brightly at me.

Mimosa: I hope you are going to be ok.

I wanted to return the favor with my words.

Me: I...think I will be since I am surrounded by people I love who care for my well-being.

Mimosa shined as her smiled turned into a big teethy one. After a moment, I looked around when I noticed...

Me: Where is Asta and Noelle?

Klaus: They went ahead.

Me: Oh...I wish I said "goodbye".

Yuno: That might be my fault.

I raised an eyebrow and gave him a "look".

Me: Yuno...what did you do?

Yuno: It wasn't anything like that. I told them that little human from their guild was here.

Me: Uhhhh do you mean Charmy?

Yuno: Is that the one that eats all the time?

Me: *sighs* Yes.

Yuno: Then, yes.

Me: She was here?

Yuno: Apparently. I sort of ran into her.

Me: When?

Yuno: After you left...

Me: You mean, "blown away".

Yuno: Either way, when I was fighting with the old hag, I had accidentally lost her. Then found the old hag about to attack someone. Once I saw that, I attacked and defeated her. Soon after, this abnormally large plate of food was falling and I caught it strangely. Finally, Asta's squad member was very thankful but I blacked out and I ended up waking up in a random place, finding the Captains, finding you, Asta and...

He didn't finish as he realized what he was about to say. I went quiet and he came up to me with a hug.

Yuno: I didn't mean to.

Me: I know. Thank you for being cautious.

~~~~~~~~Time Later~~~~~~~~

After some time, we decided to start heading out so we can report to Captain William about what has occurred in the last day. As we walked, we heard a "pleasant" voice, well more for me that is.