Chapter 55: "...IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR?!..."

*running*

Yuno: let's head back to the Northwestern District.

Me: Why?

Yuno: Who knows if Alecdora and Mimosa need help or any other magic knight.

Me: Do we have to help Alecdora?

I hadn't realized what I said until Yuno stopped running. I followed suite as he slowly turned to me with confusion and disbelief.

{He couldn't believe what I had just asked...& I don't blame him for this reaction. I mean, I can't believe it either.}

Yuno: I understand that he's not the greatest person but you shouldn't ask something like that. Especially because of our promise with Sister Lily.

I knew I was losing more of myself when I reacted in such a way that no one who knew me would ever think I would do.

Me: *rolls eyes* Whatever.

I began walking past Yuno with a snobbish walk. Yuno got beyond pissed at this point. He reached over and grabbed my shoulder. Yuno yanked me back and had me face him. Anger built up inside me by his harsh action.

Me: What's Your Fucking Problem??

Yuno: *scoffs* "My Problem"?! Vannellope? You can't be fucking serious?! Throughout this entire invasion you've been acting way out of character!

Me: No I havn't! You're just wanting to make a scene!!

{At this point, I feel like I just wanted to argue and not admit that I am losing a lot of myself}

Yuno: WHAT?! How does that make sense to you? What "scene" am I causing when when there's a literal attack on the capital as we speak!

Yuno took a deep breath and asked genuinely concerned.

Yuno: What's going on with you?

I started shaking out of pure frustration and yelled in Yuno's face.

Me: Nothing is going on!!

Yuno went wide-eyed as I brought myself down. I panted from the sheer energy I wasted on this yell. He clenched his teeth and gave me the most serious and stern tone of voice.

Yuno: Don't lie to me.....I know you're scared Vanellope.

[That's right. I did tell him I was fearing the worst from how my soul is feeling. I just don't know what to do.]

I didn't say a word and began walking away. Yuno yelled at me from afar.

Yuno: Don't walk away from me!

I yelled in response.

Me: Leave Me Alone!

Yuno: Why?? WHY ARE YOU PUSHING ME AWAY?? TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING!

I turned around to face him directly as I squeezed my fists closed and screamed.

Me: I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING OK! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR?!? I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!

Yuno stood there just blankly. Nothing was running through his thoughts but he choked out.

Yuno: What?

Me: *jabbing* Arn't you suppose to be some "genius"?

Yuno: I'm no genius but I really don't understand.

Me: It's as simple as that. I'm not sure what's happening and I never will.

Yuno came up to me and said in his very warming tone of voice. The kind of tone that always made me feel calm and helps me realize that everything is going to be ok.