Chapter 62: Dreams.

Julius: *opens door* Well, here's your room Vannellope. There is a private bath as well as all the necessities you need. *looks at me* If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask.

I nodded as I walked into the room. The rest of the group standed by Uncle Julius. He looked at everyone and smiled warmly.

Julius: Now for the rest of you...follow me.

I turned around as each person followed the Wizard King, except one. Yuno stood in the doorway with a concerning expression.

Yuno: Are you going to be ok?

I looked down and shrugged my shoulders.

Me: I don't know. I guess I'll just find out.

Yuno: *sigh* look, I'll follow the rest to see where I will be and I'll comeback to tell you. Just incase you need me for anything.

Me: I don't want to be a bother or worse, a burden.

Yuno: Your not Vanellope, you never have and never will.

I walked up to Yuno as I embraced him warmly with a hug. The sudden action caused Yuno to be caught off guard.

Me: Yuno, focus on yourself. Please, get some rest. You need it more than I do.

Yuno hugged me back as I tightened my hold on him.

Yuno: Ok. But, I am coming here as soon as I feel something is wrong. Deal?

I let him go and gave him a soft smile.

Me: Deal.

He returned the energy with a reassuring warm smile as he stepped back. I waved at him as he began walking out the room and caught up to the rest. Once he was out of my sight, I closed the door and leaned onto it. Speaking out loud, I said sadly,

Me: I hope it's an easy night.

********Time Skip********

A few hours had passed since I had finished cleaning myself; the blood that had shedded due to my incompetence. I've been laying in bed and my body was truly exhausted but I couldn't sleep due to the horrific events that occurred today. Tossing, turning, and my mind racing, it just caused me to sweat and stress...it was just entirely bad. I sat up holding my head as I can feel it pounding in my grasp. My body began to tremble uncontrollably and my sweat began to get cold and chills covered my skin. The thoughts of today roared as I started to cry. I brought my hands to my face as tears ran down in all directions; down my face and through my fingers.

[Why did I let this happen? Why did I become a knight? I can't face anyone! I can't even keep myself together!]

I clenched my teeth with such force due to my frustration and slammed my fists down onto my bed. On impact my tears flew everywhere as blood spurred out my hands due to my nails digging into my skin. Before I can do more damage to myself, knocking echoed around my room. I instantly stopped.

[Who is at my door? Is it Yuno?]

The door opened as the silhouette of someone stood at the doorway. They stepped in as their figure was clear and I was able to see who it was. I cried all over again. They closed the door and then they walked up to me. They hugged me tightly and rubbed my back as I laid my head onto their chest. I cried and cried and soaked their shirt once again.

Me: *struggling* I...can't do this...anymore Yuno.

He held me tighter as he tried to help me.

Yuno: Hey, hey. Calm down, Vannellope. Right now, go ahead and feel it all.