Chapter 34: Vanellope's Spells Evolve.

As Mimosa guided us through the dungeon, Klaus began to "talk".

Klaus: That brat's name was Asta? That little fool. Does he honestly think he can get the better of us?

Yuno and I remained quiet and to ourselves. I was covering the rear while Yuno looked ahead guiding his Wind Ark.

Klaus: He does seem a most unusual boy. I sense not an ounce of power in him.

Mimosa: No, neither did I.

Klaus: *continues* What was the magic knight captain thinking? How can anyone be of use to a magic knight squad with no magic?

Yuno chimed in surprisingly as he defended Asta.

Yuno: Klaus, Sir. Asta's strong. I would suggest not underestimating him.

Klaus: As far as I'm concerned, it will be a miracle if they make it out of here alive.

I didn't say a word nor bother to defend Asta like I originally would have but...something inside me felt so hollow and full of disgust.

[The way people can just judge one another for their social background. How they can just come up and begin arguing, down-grading, and even physically fight for no good reason. And if there was a reason, the "attacker" would use the excuse of "they started it by not complying to the situation" when in reality, they came up to the victim and began the entire mess, all because they are commoners.]

I held my head in one hand in a stressful manner as these thoughts caused my blood to boil. The outburst earlier really took a toll on my emotions and it went as far to start hurting me physically too.

[I feel absolutely terrible for lying to Asta. It's just, I knew he would worry about me and I couldn't have that lingering in his mind. Asta's my brother and he would make a big deal about my situation. Yeah, he can trust Yuno to protect me but when Yuno isn't there, Asta will worry tremendously. I couldn't have that affecting his training. Even though we have our rivalry, I couldn't use that to gain a lead, that just isn't fair. So, lying to Asta was for his own good. *sigh* I meant what I said back there. This is exactly why we want to become the Wizard King, to change society and have everyone be as equals.]

As we approached the end of the hallway, an enormous room lay there for us to enter. When we got inside, we all seen a giant gold door that toward over us all. Yuno flew us closer to it as I gazed up towards the doors.

Mimosa: Isn't it simply marvelous?

Klaus: Some dungeon that was. Not much to it at all.

Yuno lowered his Wind Ark towards the ground as his spell disperse. We landed on our feet as Yuno looked over his shoulder to look at me. I had my head down scanning the area for any sort of traps, enemies, and so forth. Once I finished, I left my head down and continued to wallow in my emotions since the area appears to be clear. Yuno was beyond concerned and sighed. Yuno look back towards the door, he asked.

Yuno: So what's your plan for getting past this?

Mimosa: It doesn't seem like the Black Bulls have managed to find it yet.

Klaus: Of course they haven't. Despite their bluster, they never stood a chance of beating us here.

Mimosa: You're probably right.

Kluas turned around and darted his eyes at me.

Klaus: You're rather quiet.

I didn't look up or say a single word to Klaus. I felt like there wasn't a reason to say anything; he didn't ask a question nor was he trying to start a conversation. It just sounds like he wants to begin an argument and I already feel awful. Speaking to Klaus will only make me feel worse. Yuno stepped in and defended me.