Chapter 129

Christen and I entered the clinic, suddenly feeling the nerves. We did a quick check up to see how everything is before they went on with the procedure. Scarlett was kind enough to let Isabella stay with her for the day, though she doesn't know what Christen and I are doing. Nobody does. Because we don't want them to keep their hopes up while we still aren't sure if this procedure would even work the first time.

"So other mothers want to put in multiple Embryos, it doesn't really give you a higher chance on conceiving, especially for you since you seem to be very healthy, it just gives them a peace of mind since if the other embryos don't stick, there are still the others, which leads to multiple babies most of the time since sometimes all of the embryos survive, but this is your choice."

I looked at Christen who squeezed my hand.

"It's up to you babe, you're the one carrying."

I nodded and looked back at our doctor.

"One embryo is okay, if this little guy doesn't stick, we could just do the procedure all over again right?"

"Yeah, we're gonna have to wait for your second cycle, but something tells me that you won't be needing it."

I nodded my head and leaned back into the reclining chair, ready for the procedure to take place.

"Hopefully."

The procedure was quick and they told us to take the pregnancy test in 2 weeks so we had to wait for 14 days. Christen and I sat in the car in the parking lot of the clinic just soaking everything in.

"Are we just about to expand out family of 3 to 4?"

I smiled at her and leaned over to the passanger's seat, giving her a peck on the lips.

"I'm so excited."

"Me too."

We sat back into our seats and I started the car.

"14 days. I don't think I could wait that long."

.

DAY 2

The next day, I tried distracting myself by going around the house and redecorating. The waiting game is literally making Christen and I anxious. I walked back into the living room to see Christen fidgeting with her fingers.

"You okay hun?"

Her head snapped up at me, her face painted with anxiousness, the same as me.

"What if it doesn't work?"

I sat beside her and rested my hand on her knee.

"Hey, it will. The embryo is already in me, it just has to stay there okay?"

She nodded her head but I could see that that wasn't really the thing bothering her.

"What is it?"

I have her a look when I noticed that she was thinking wether or not she would say it. She sighed and leaned closer to me.

"I'm just worried, what if I won't become a good parent? What if I'm not enough?"

I sighed and pulled her closer, taking her hand with mine.

"Hey, you are a great mother. You are already a great mother with Isabella and i know you will be one too for our little munchkin. You don't jave to worry about that. Plus, we are a team. We do this together."

She gave me a smile and nodded her head. I leaned in to give her a quick kiss before standing up and pulling her with me.

"How about we go distract ourselves by baking a shit ton of pastries?"