Chapter 65

The girlies flew back to their club teams for the start of pre-season training. Chris flew back to Utah and Kling and Tobin to Portland a week ago but we were invited for the Thorns Spring Invitational so we're flying off to Portland in a few days. 

I entered the Cheney stadium after a 30 minute drive from Isabella's school to here since we changed our home stadium for this season. I was sporting a reign sweatshirt and Nike shirts. I made my way to benches and greeted Vlatko with a smile.

"Hey coach."

"Hey, you ready for Portland?"

I let out an exaggerated sigh and nodded my head.

"Jill didn't play me AT ALL so yessss, I mean, I get that she wants me to be at my top most condition for the World Cup and not get me injured and sruff but I am eager to play, even just for a few minutes."

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. I decided to ignore it and I just put my things down beside Allie's and started putting my shin guards on the I pulled up my socks.

I felt someone rest their hand on my head making me look up and peak through my lashes only to see Pinoe with a huge grin on her face.

"Good morning to you too Megan. Please get your filthy hands off of me, thank you very much. I do not like being manhandled, especially not by a blonde haired iconic lesbian who currently lives with her girlfriend and  has a very healthy sex life because I don't know where those fingers had been in and frankly, I am not interested in knowing."

She laughed and sat beside me, doing the same thing as me and off to training we go.

.

I dragged Isabella and I's suitcase through the Portland International Airport with the team and making our way to the bus.

Izzy and I would be rooming together for the whole week. It's the first time that we actually share a room because she would usually room with the younger people on the team but she insisted that we roomed together, which was odd but I will take any excuse to spend more time with my daughter.

I was just laying down, scrolling through my phone when I felt Isabella slide into the covers and snuggle closer to me making me smile and pull her closer to me.

"Auntie Kling and Auntie Toby want to take me out skateboarding tomorrow before your game, is that okay?"

I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Is that why you're all snuggled up into me right now? Because you want to go?"

She started looking anywhere but me.

"Whaaaaat? Nooooo.... Can I?"

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Okay..."

She cheered but I stopped her.

"... But on 1 condition. Shower kissy."

She wiggled out of my grip and started showing me with kisses all over my face causing me to chuckle and grab her, returning the favor. She squealed and tried to break away from my hold but I dug my fingers into her sides and shower kisses turned into a tickle attack.

Once I saw that she was turning red, I stopped, giving her one last big kiss on the cheek before plopping down beside her. She was panting so hard making me chuckle.

My phone started ringing and saw that it was a FaceTime request from Ash so I answered it and Isabella and I spent the whole night talking to Ash and Ali where I also got to virtually meet Kyle, Ali's older brother.