Chapter 3

"What time does your practice finish?"

"At around 5:30 I guess."

I made a mental note of the time before nodding.

"Okay, I'll be here on the dot. I have some errands to run." She gave me a knowing look so I sighed and nodded. "I mean I have some errands that Sandra will run." My daughter gave me an approving look before kissing my cheek.

"I love you mom."

"I love you too honey, be good."

"No promises."

I watched as she made her way in the school and I drove back home.

Once I arrived home, I saw a car and a truck parked in my driveway. I parked my car and saw Sandy standing there with her phone against her ear, but once she saw me, she sighed and folded her arms. I got out of my car and started walking towards her.

"Where have you been?"

"Are they the people who would put the hedge?"

"I asked you a question Michelle, where have you been? And why aren't you answering your phone?"

"I dropped Izzy at school."

"And your phone?"

I gave her a sheepish grin before rubbing my nape.

"I may or may not have destroyed it."

I watched as she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"You're buying your own phone tomorrow, right now, we have to figure out how you want this hedge to look like."

I groaned but gave her a nod and started telling her how I want the hedge to look like and where. After an hour of explaining to her the specific details I want on the hedge, they were finally able to get to work.

It's been a few hours and the hedge is finally done. I went outside of the house and just admired the huge hedges. Finally some fucking privacy.

"Excuse me? Michelle is it?"

I looked around to see where the voice was coming from and saw that it was one of the girls from yesterday, I didn't really bother remembering their names, and she was standing by the entrance way.

Another mental note, buy like a gate or something. Automatic? Probably. Sensor or a remote control?.... probably best if it's a remote control yeah? Yup, gonna do that after I buy that god forsaken phone.

"U-um yeah... how may I help you?"

"Why did you put such tall hedges? I don't really think you're allowed to do that."

I raised my eyebrow at her.

Her name is probably a Karen, she looks like a Karen. And if my memory serves me right, one of them did say Karen yesterday... I just don't remember who.

Only one way to find out.

"Excuse me, what's your name again?"

"It's uh... Janette... Janette Lancaster."

So close. So the other one must be Karen. Huh, would have thought it was the other way around.

"Oh uh... Janette... If you don't mind me asking, why am I not allowed to p-put up these hedges?"

"People can't see your house."

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

"Uhm... that's actually the whole point of why I have these, for more privacy. So... I'm just gonna head back inside."

I quickly turned around, not waiting for her answer, and decided to go to the small gym i have inside the house and work out for a little bit before I have to get Isabelle from soccer practice.

.

I pulled up once again in front of the highschool where I saw Izzy waiting there.

"Hey Izzy, how was your day?"

"It was okay, coach let us do the beep test and I was the last one standing so I think I'm off to a great start."

I gave my daughter a proud smile before pulling out of the gate and driving back home. It was silent for a solid minute, the radio being the only source of noise, when she decided to break it.

"Uh.. mom I have a game this saturday and coach told me that if I continue doing what I'm doing there is a big chance for me to play, start even. I know you hate huge crowds and being around people in general so it's okay if you don't feel comfortable going, I just wanted to tell you."

I looked at her and shook my head.

"No, no. I'll go."

She looked at me concerned.

"Are you sure? You don't really have to if you don't want to. I probably won't play anyway."

I shook my head and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry about me okay? I have like the whole week to prepare myself for it. I want to be at your first game as a middle schooler. This is a huge milestone for your soccer career Izzy. I never want to miss it for the world."

I'm gonna die. First off, I hate human interaction and humans in general, but you know what is worse than humans? Parents, specifically mothers... soccer moms. Specially if you are a parent yourself. I have dealt with them ever since Isabella start taking an interest in soccer during elementary school and let me tell you, they are fucking ruthless. Never got along with any of them. There's a reason why I only watch from a far.

I need like a xanax or something I feel a headache start.

I quickly went to my bathroom and grabbed a painkiller, grabbed a glass of water and drank it.

Why do I have to be like this? Why can't I just be normal for once? Why is it so hard for me to actually interact with people? Dang you social anxiety.

When I felt the headache start to go away, I walked to the kitchen where I saw my daughter doing her homework. I gave her forehead a peck before moving around the kitchen to make the both of us some dinner.

Which reminds me... groceries.