Chapter 90

September 25, 2019

The past few days I had been busy preparing for a performance I'm going to be doing on October 5 in London. It's a Filipino festival called 'Barrio Fiesta' and it's one of the largest Filipino festivals in Europe. I'm going to be taking Stephany, Mark, Christen, Isabella and Lola with me since Lola had been wanting to go there for the longest time but wasn't able to go because something always comes up so when she found out that I was going to perform there she immediately demanded to come with me and I want Christen and Isabella a culture that plays a big part in my life. Since Lola basically raised me, I have been around the Filipino culture growing up and it holds a special place in my heart, especially the food. It also helps that I found out that my cousin is going to be there to perform too so I get to see her since her and her family were not able to fly out here for Christmas.

And since I didn't do a lot of media for my album, I was also going to be doing some interviews about that. So I'm going to be going on the Graham Norton show and some other radio interviews so for the 3 days that I'm going to be there, it's going to be busy. My band was Seattle based so I could just call them anytime for rehearsals and all that fancy jazz.

We are going to be having a game against Utah Royals today so Christen is going to be home and it's going to be the first time we saw each other in person in a month and a half which is super exciting. We won all the games that we played so far this month and we're at the top of the standings at the moment and let's hope that it would stay this way. Pinoe said she just wants any team in the league to finally steal the title from Courage so I guess we are going the right track.

Megan, Allie, Isabella and I drove to their hotel to get Christen, Kelley, Arod, and Becky for brunch then we're all going to the stadium for warm ups. We pulled up at the hotel room and saw the Utah girls waiting in front of the lobby so I honked my horn to get their attention. They made their way towards the jeep and Christen went to the passenger's seat.

"Hello my love."

"Hello baby,"

I leaned closer to her and gave her a kiss on the lips, causing a huge smile to ba placed on my face. God I missed her so much.

We were brought out of our stare when someone cleared their throat.

"Where's my kiss Mitch?"

"Hi Mama!!"

I rolled my eyes at Kelley while Christen glared at her making me chuckle.  I turned back and smiled at the girls that are squeezing themselves in the second and third row. Isabella, Pinoe and Allie sat on the third row while Kelley, Becky and Arod on the second row. 

"Hello to you too Kelley."

I felt Becky lean forward and pull me in a hug and she kissed the side of my head making my grin wider.

"I missed you Mitch."

"I missed you too Reebs. Hey Arod, it's been a while."

"Hey Michelle."

I started the car as I felt Christen intertwine our fingers together. I glanced at her and gave her a sweet smile, one hat she returned.

"Both hands on the wheel Martins, I still have children to go home to."

I placed my right hand on the wheel with Christen's hand still intertwined with mine causing the people behind us to chuckle.

"I haven't seen my fiancé for so long Rodriguez, you are not stopping me."

"Fine, be thankful you guys are a cute couple."

I grinned and drove them to my favorite restaurant.