Chapter 18

We pulled up at the driveway and I let Britt and the kids enter the house first so I could wait for the couple to get out of their car, holding a box of donuts. They must have bought that on their way here.

"When did you guys have the time to buy that?"

"We passed by the shop on the way here and we decided to at least contribute something."

 I smiled at them as they stared at my house. I led them inside and sat them on the couch.

"I didn't really expect someone else to visit and it's the first time that I also saw the house since camp so I don't know if everything is clean or not so just make yourselves at home, I'm just gonna try and see what I can cook real quick."

They nodded and smiled so I went to the kitchen to kind of whip up something to cook last minute. 

I whipped up a quick tomato-basil pasta, one of my go to meals when I don't know what to cook. Sue set the table up, despite my protests, so I just gave her an appreciative smile knowing I can't stop the basketball player from helping me. We all sat on the dining table, with Britt beside me and Pinoe and Sue infront of us while the kids were watching netflix in the living room.

"So... how did the 2 of you meet?"

Britt and I looked at each other and smiled.

"We first met each other during a dance class back when we were 5, then we went to the same high school and both joined glee club so basically Brittany here has had my back since day 1."

"She's my little magical unicorn."

Pinoe then looked at us with curiosity in her eyes and knowing her, there is smothing she wants to ask but doesn't say anything.

"Spill it Rapinoe, you have that facial expression again."

She looked at us cautiously.

"Are... are the 2 of you together or something?"

I glanced at Britt as she let out a snort while I started laughing. I took a deep breath, trying to regain my composure as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Nooo, nooo, no, no. Britt is amazing and all but she's more like an older sister to me, that's incest, not into that game of thrones shit. Plus she's married."

"Yup, I'm a Lopez."

Pinoe and Sue looked at us shocked making me giggle at their expressions.

"L-lopez, as in...?"

I nodded and grinned at both of them.

"Santana's wife. Jojo and Owen are their children."

My phone started buzzing so many times. I lifted it up from the space on the table beside me and I saw a shit ton of texts from the team GC.

"Why are they blowing up the group chat? Did something happen?"

I looked up at Pinoe and judging by the guilty look on her face and the look Sue was giving her girlfriend, I knew she had something to do with it.

"Megan Anna Rapinoe, what the fuck did you do?"

(Christen's POV)

Becky, Kelley and I just landed in Utah. I got my phone out and turned off the airplane mode to see if anything happened during our flight.

"Guys, I'm just going to the comfort room."

I gave Becky a nod and I watched her walk towards the direction of the comfort room.

"Oh my god."

I looked at Kelley and saw her staring at something on her phone.

"What?"